“Great in every Aspect!”

Taj Indian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 358 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Found thru restaurant.com. Open for lunch (11:30-3:00) and dinner (5:00- 10:00), except closed Mondays. Prices very reasonable; vast menu, incluind one full page of vegetable dishes. VERY happy with our meals.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant was neat and clean and the wait staff were attentive and friendly. The food was fast and fresh and extremely good. Perfect even. I really like Chicken Tikka Masala and this was the best I have eaten! I also had the chili fried cheese and bullet nan. Reasonably priced and a great value considering all good and plentiful the food was. Big sized portions which allowed me to take some home for later. I must add that the restaurant is next to a dollar store and it appeared that there might be vacant buildings in the shopping center. This is pretty typical of where you might find a good Indian Restaurant though. This was a few blocks from a Wal-mart and located off Eisenhower and right near I-475. I am looking forward to going back! I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Amethyst-King
There are newer reviews for Taj Indian Restaurant

Reviewed April 21, 2012

OK, this restaurant is a hole in the wall in a strip mall and from the outside does not look like much. However, the inside of the restaurant is inviting and attractive. The staff is attentive and courteous. My husband and I have been fans of Indian food for over 25 years, so we had no problem knowing what the various selections were. I prepare it often at home. The menu is extensive. The curried lamb, samosas, rice, eggplant, were delicious. Also the mango lassi was among the best I have tasted. We were slightly disappointed with the tandoori chicken and naan bread. It did not taste or look as if an authentic tandoor oven had been used. We suspect these items were baked in a conventional oven ahead of time. I don't think someone who is not very familiar with Indian food would have been disappointed however. So we don't hold this against them, we just won't order these items again. We definately will go back though. All in all, a good experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

After reading the previous reviews, we were really looking forward to trying this restaurant. Unfortunately, the helpful wait staff in previous reviews must have taken the night off! We got no assistance at all with choosing anything(we were the only patrons there), I'm assuming that was because all the men working were interested in the TV or the computer video they were playing. The food was pretty good, but could not make up for the overall so-so time. The evening ended with some screaming kids coming in and climbing the walls(literally) and no one said a word. I think they were family. Nice...

1  Thank IloveGolf
Reviewed January 14, 2012

they had excellent dosa's, many kinds. It is very difficult to find a good dosa. do not try the meat dishes. They were originally vegetarian but have now added meat..I love indian food and they excelled.

1  Thank gaye151
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was an awsome place to eat. They really go out of their way to explain the menu and make you happy. The food was very good. I will be back when I'm in town. Highly recommend trying it.

1  Thank bucsfan911