“Nice park”

Ocmulgee Heritage Trail
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

We are new to the area and stumbled along this park. It has a nice paved walking trail along the river however it very short. It appears they are currently working on improving or expanding this park which I look forward to the completion. There were other families walking, riding bikes and rollerblading which was nice to see.

1  Thank Trish W
"history"
in 6 reviews
"hiking"

Reviewed September 16, 2016

The trail is well-maintained, and short enough (3/4 mile) for young children to walk on their own. Just be sure to bring water. It's a shared (bike/walk) trail, but I didn't see any evidence of bikes when I was there.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

I stopped here on my way to visit friends in Florida. It was a beautiful park and walks around the mounds were beautiful and well kept up

Reviewed July 27, 2016

I went with the grandkids, They enjoyed the walk along the river, I appreciated the benches along the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2016

I decided to take a jog down the Heritage Trail and found it quite cool and peaceful. I really like that that is was all paved and seemed very safe. I have now run along both sides of the River. I cant wait until they finish the DT side of the river where the Otis Redding statue is. The only reason that I did not give it all five marks is that there were several spots that were covered up with dirt due to erosion. Otherwise, I recommend you try it.