“LOVED IT!!!!!”

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta, GA
“LOVED IT!!!!!”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hotel was just perfect!!! The decor, staff, and room were just awesome. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The decor is contemporary and I loved everything about it; the colors, style, and atmosphere!

The front desk attendant was very helpful and nice!! The manager (Mr. Shaw I think is his name), was very nice and friendly. We talked for probably thirty minutes :-) He was very informative!!

I would definitely stay here again! This will be my spot whenever I'm in the Macon area.

Thanks!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The accommodations were excellent - comfortable bed, wonderful pillows, clean room, quiet location. Was so enjoyable, came back thru Macon on way home and stayed a second night. Had delicious dinner at nearby Mexican restaurant. But of everything, the staff was the best. Friendly and very fast check in even though was three in the morning the first stay. And the manager, Mr. Shaw, put a smile on the entire trip with his graciousness, helpful hints about Savannah, and unbelievable customer service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We've never stayed in a Microtel before but we sure would again! This location is brand new (4 months), perfectly clean, well appointed rooms and most of all
FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT FRONT DESK PEOPLE! Our stay here restored our faith in American business.

• Stayed January 2011
wileybarber, Regional Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
On behalf of the management and team at the Microtel Inn & Suites, Macon, Georgia, I want to thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent travels. We understand you could have selected a wide variety of hotels but you selected our hotel and we thank you. If we can assist you with any future travel needs, please contact me personally.

Sincerely

Wiley Barber
Regional Manager
Columbia Hospitality Management
229 392 7778
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The others before me have said it so well I don't know where to start except to say they are exactly right! My last experience with a new Microtel was in Jacksonville, Florida last year. It was very impressive; but this one has moved the "modern" needle forward even further! The service is here is without flaw as far as I've seen. I can't count the number of times I've heard the statement, "No problem" whether it was spoken to me, other guests on the phone or here at the hotel. As a guest, I truly feel that is the atmosphere of the hotel. The hotel at this point is only about 3 months old so everything is still very new, immaculate...in excellent shape. I'm sure that this team will maintain it, too. They seem to really have an aire of pride about them concerning their hotel.

We started out in a queen room and then moved up to a Queen suite when we decided to extend our stay. Although the queen room is small, it is the most efficient use of space I've seen. There is a full size closet, drawers under the window seat, & a smartly placed luggage rack, all allowing things to be "out of sight" so that the room stays neat & uncluttered. The window seat accomodates a full size adult and has it's own light. This is a nice touch I've only seen in the Microtel brand. Every room has a work station, LG TV, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, & hair dryer. The towels are of a nice size and quality. The bed is EXQUISITE...quality mattress and "cruise ship bedding" as my husband called it. Of course the bedside table has a clock radio. One thing to note. If you've ever stayed in a Microtel, you realize that the rooms are smaller than standard hotel rooms. This is the mark of Microtel and should not be considered a lack in any way. If you haven't ever stayed in a Microtel, please remember this and upgrade to a larger QUEEN SUITE if needed, so that you will be more comfortable. I've stayed in both and have no complaints on either one. For a family, two queens or a queen suite with pullout sofa would be perfect. For a couple for a couple nights, the queen room is fine. The cost for the room is in line with lower end hotels; but this hotel brand is clearly finding its' place among the mid-range hotels, in my opinion!

The breakfast is "on-the-go" style. Pre-portioned cereals, different flavored oatmeals, grits, yogurt, whole & low-fat milk in cartons, pre-packaged bagels & muffins, juices, & coffee. There is a toaster and microwave available also.

The Wi-Fi is great. My husband & I both stayed connected and moving around the internet quickly without event! :)

We come this way often on the way to visit my parents. We recently stayed at the brand new Red Roof Inn not far from here in Locust Grove, Ga. and were incredibly impressed with that as well. Now, with both of these in consideration, appearing to be running the same race toward modern and trendy...we'll have to choose Microtel Macon!

Please cut & paste this link for a full slideshow of pictures of the hotel

Thanks for a great stay, guys!
Stephanie

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
WOW!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and the great slide show you posted about our hotel. We really do appreciate your business and the fact that you selected our hotel over all the local hotels. I'm really impressed with the TripWow slide show you put together. Thank you so much. I hope that many people see it.

Sincerely
Wiley Barber
Regional Manager
Columbia Hospitality Management
Georgia
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Yup, my stay here was excellent. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds, friendly staff. I think my only complaint here is very minor: I wish they had hard-boiled eggs at breakfast and yogurt without gelatin at breakfast. I would most definitely stay here again if traveling to Macon.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Knoxville
Reviewed December 15, 2010

(See my description above) Very comfortable mattress (even my wife, who has sleep problems, slept well. Also free broadband service, enhanced-continental breakfast, etc. All at a budget price of $49 + taxes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This Microtel opened in Sept. 10. It was by far the nicest Microtel I've stayed in. The place was immaculate. I stayed in a standard room but because the owners of this Microtel choose the upgraded decoration package for the ENTIRE hotel, my room seemed like a suite at a four star hotel. I was really amazed at how nice the place was. I wish all the Microtel's would upgrade to this level.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo