“Great Value”

Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

This was our first stay at the Microtel brand and I can honestly say we will be back. We chose the hotel because of its high ratings in tripadvisor, in fact it was number 1 in the Macon area. We were able to get a room with two queen beds which is our preference with two kids ages 10 and 7. As mentioned before, the hotel is only a couple of months old. Everything was clean and neat. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel was quite. The breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. I met GM Fyzal on check out that morning and I can say he is very personable and genuinely wants to serve the needs of his customers. Great stay!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
wileybarber, Regional Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
On behalf of the manager and entire hotel staff, we thank you for selecting our hotel and look forward to serving you in the future.

Columbia Hospitality Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

This hotel opened in September and is great! The price was just right. It takes a few turns to find it, but I thought it was worth it. The clerk who checked me in as well as the one who checked me out the next morning was very nice and friendly. My room was right off the lobby, and I figured it would be too noisy, but I never heard a thing. The room was very small, but it was just me for just one night. Two people might have been cramped.The breakfast the next morning isn't the hotel/motel spread that I'm used to, but it served the purpose No fruit or waffles or fresh pastries, but the packaged muffin I had was okay. The friendly staff impressed me, and I would stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the GM Fyzal (awesome guy) to the time we left, our stay here was excellent. Me and my girlfriend checked into a one queen bed suit and it was amazing. The decor in the hotel is more modern than in other mid-range hotels. Everything was extremely clean and looked brand-new.

I've never paid so little for a hotel room and been so impressed as I was here. Every time i'm around the Macon area I will be staying here.

Thanks again Microtel & Fyzal!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank quietobservation
wileybarber, Regional Manager, Columbia Hospitality Management at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel. The manager (Fyzal) and the entire team are excited to have guest provide reviews about the service and the decor of our new hotel. We understand you could have selected any hotel in the area and I want to personally thank you for staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites.

Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

With "Now Open" banners still waving, this inn beckons you to rest & enjoy its spotless, friendly home away from home built on what I can only describe as decor & ambiance reminiscent of delightful, European simplicity. In-room coffee, microwave and refrigerator, iron & hair dryer, as well as flat screen TV are standard. Keep in mind the 'micro' in the name. My room was small.
The morning breakfast bar offers on-the-go items, but a microwave is available for heating. Exercise machines are user friendly and working. Laundry facilities are available.
I felt as comfortable in the lobby reading, using their high-speed Internet or looking at what was on TV as I would in my room. The front desk staff greet every customer graciously and with a smile. They recommended wonderful, local eateries and nearby attractions for visiting as well as quickly resolved issues or concerns. Fyzal, the operating manager is a gem.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
wileybarber, Regional Manager, Management Company at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
I want to personally thank you for the kind and wonderful remarks about our hotel. We strive to be the best we can be and to make every guest feel welcome. We appreciate your business.

Columbia Hospitality Management
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

This hotel was recommended to us by a visitors rest stop employee who even made the reservations for us. The area is high class and was not far from our destination downtown Macon. Right across the street was a 5-star Italian restaurant, Natalie's, whose pumpkin pie dessert was awesome. The hotel is new (August 2010) so it is spotless. The room was very modern European in decor, the mattresses were extremely comfortable and large, a large screen TV and free Wi-fi hookup, plus a computer in the lobby we could use since we didn't bring laptops. Continental breakfast was included and the selections were better than most. It turns out the manager lived on the same street I did in NYC. We probably passed each other without knowing it. Fyzal was accommodating, professional and a friendly addition to our journey. We will most definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Poetryandtravel
wileybarber, Regional Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you for the great response about our new hotel. We understand that you could have stayed at any location but based on a referal from the Georgia Visitors Center, you selected our hotel. As you mentioned, it's a small world and the chance of meeting someone from not only your home town but possibly someone who lived on the same street is remarkable. Please pass on the information about our hotel to family and friends. Once again, a sincere "Thank You"

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

This hotel was recently built so everything was nice and new. With all Microtels the room was small but for the price and quality you can't beat it. Staff was friendly. A few restaurants nearby. Location is somewhat hidden if you have never been here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ms_C1984
wileybarber, Regional Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for your valued input about our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

Rooms are Very clean and efficient. Hotel is only a few weeks old as of October 2010. Microwave, flat screen and fridge in room. Beds are very comfortable. Would recommend to a friend in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank genabeana79
Thank you so much for your valued response about our hotel. From the Hotel Management Team, we look forward to serving you soon.

wbarber@columbiahm.com