“Anniversary Weekend”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I traveled up from South Georgia for an anniversary getaway. We were going to visit Juliette, Georgia. We chose Mircotel Inn and Suites due to the discounted rate on Priceline. When we arrived we found that the hotel exceeded our expectations from the photos we saw on the website. The hotel staff was amazingly friendly! Getting extra pillows or extra anything was no problem at all. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly and respected our privacy. Our room was small but very cozy and was plenty spacious for just us two. The room, carpet, and bedding was very clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was large enough for both of us to be in at the same time which is a rare find in an older hotel. The room decor was very modern and simple and even included a window seat. I even appreciated the fact that the a/c control was digital and not just a turn knob wall unit. My only regret is that there is no pool but we weren't around long enough to need one due to us being out and about. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who asked and it will be the only place I stay at in Macon in the future.

Room Tip: There was no pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your comments. The staff and I are pleased that you were satisfied with your stay and our "southern hospitality". A belated Happy Anniversary to you.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you again for rating us on Trip Advisor.

Jaanie Odem
478-254-3300

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I previously reviewed this hotel earlier this year, and the second time around, it did not disappoint.. I was almost hesitant to book after a few bad reviews I read. Thankfully, I went with my gut and remembered how great this hotel was. Still a gem. Still like new. All my requests were honored. Sorry my camera battery died because I so wanted to upload some pics to prove the nay sayers wrong. Thanks again Microtel. I can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. Especially we appreciate you returning. The staff at Microtel Inn & Suites strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Please contact me directly should you have any questions, concerns, or comments.
Again, thank you for your rating.

Jaanie Odem
478-254-3300

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here after driving a long distance. Couldnt believe the poor welcome by the front desk checker. Her name started with a P. She really did not know much. She was not friendly at all, and smelled very heavy of cigarette smoke. Was not pleasant at all. But once in our room, was nice. smelled really clean, felt like home. The room was really cozy and clean. DID NOT like all the cover on the bed.. TOO much for the warm weather, the comforter isnt suitable for a hotel. The look of the overall room could have been nicer....... And no I would not stay there ever again. rates are really too much for such a small room, and the desk clerks are not customer friendly...i am a business owner. And i would not hire someone like that person who checked us in. NEVER.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JOHN W
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I sincerely apologize for your treatment (or lack thereof) upon your arrival at the the Microtel Inn & Suites. I certainly agree that you should have been greeted warmly and made to feel welcome.
This is completely unacceptable behavior. I personally will speak with Pam regarding her customer skills and work with her to refresh her customer service skills.
I appreciate your comments and assure you that appropriate action will be taken.
Again, please accept my apology and please feel free to contact me directly if you wish.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was just a stopover and we booked it because of tripadvisor rating...ditto non-smoking room reeked of smoke!!!!...it was dark ie carpet etc so couldn't tell if clean or not...bed OK and none of the sleazy acetate bedspreads....woman at desk was fine..I think we were 2 of maybe 12 people there that night...in fact moved car to front area to be safer....not easy to get to with out Garmen.
It would not encourage us to try another Microtel Inn inspite of rates...also tripdvisor may not be my go to in future. Why do people think that if the used toilet paper roll is folded in a fancy way that that will be impressive???

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

I apologize that your stay was not what you expected.
I wish I had been made aware of your situation so that it could have been corrected and your stay more enjoyable.
Again, please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Believe what you read in the other reviews about the terrible housekeeping.

During a recent stay there really were pubic hairs in the shower and on the shower curtain and the bed had been made up without the sheets being changed. Front Desk staff changed rooms - but still had the creepys just thinking if the new room was really clean.

Mentioned it to the manager Victoria the next morning and she said they were "having issues" with housekeeping - but not a bit of an apology. What a rude woman.

Also, room smelled like smoke and it was supposed to be non-smoking.

Never again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cmsy
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Please let me extend my sincere apology for your experience at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Macon.
Let me assure you that we now have a completely new housekeeping staff and Victoria is no longer with the hotel.
The condition of the first room is totally unacceptable to our standards and should never have been issued to you.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will be willing to give us another chance.
If you wish to contact me directly, you may do so at microtelmcn@gmail.com.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

First of all, if you are trying to find this hotel on a dark night, after 15 hours on the road like us, I hope you have better luck than us in finding the entrance! We could see the tall sign for the hotel, but rode around for twenty minutes trying to figure out how to get into it because there are no signs directing you to the rather off-the-beaten-path entrance to the parking lot. Once we did get in, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable, and I think the breakfast was good for the price you are paying. Not luxury, but a very fair value for a clean, quiet night of sleep. There is a grocery store very near, as well as the usual chain restaurants if you need to eat or stock up. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank apisparva
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

I am glad yu enjoyed your stary at the Microtel in Macon. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Also, thank you for your suggestion for signes. This is under advisement by the owner. Hopefully upon your return the new signage will be in place.
Again, thank you for you comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stopped while on our way to Orlando. Had been driving from Western Arkansas and the 5 of us were exhausted! we wondered how we would accommodate 5 of us in a room. However when we got to our room, there was a "window" bed, just big enough for our 13 year old. So it slept 5 just right! The bed was firm, yet soft. Perfect for me! We are still talking about the good night sleep we had that night!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad the Microtel Inn & Suites was able to accommodate you and your family during your travels.
I hope to see you again in the near future.