“Very nice.. Great staff and quiet stay...”

SpringHill Suites Macon
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Hazlehurst, GA.
“Very nice.. Great staff and quiet stay...”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in for one night with a large group attending Move14. This is a very nice hotel with large spacious rooms. The staff was very accomodating for our large group.. They were ready for us the next morning in the breakfast area. The breakfast was nice good variety and was replenished very quickly.. The Hotel is located very close to several variety of restaurants just of the Interstate.. Nice quiet, safe location... The only problem we had was our bathroom door would not lock on the fourth floor..
I would like to commend the manager for sending my son's lost bible home to me in the mail..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kkchanchan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stopped here in route to Chicago from Florida. Nice new hotel. Check-in was fast and easy, although no upgraded rooms avail for my Gold Elite status, the gal at the front desk was very nice. Great, clean rooms, decent breakfast (free) as well as free wifi. No complaints

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing I-75
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank srqbryman
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great, convenient, safe location. Fairly close to restaurants. Very clean and comfortable room. The only reason I could not give 5 stars was that there was only a few old bananas and green apples available for the fruit selection at breakfast. The rest of the breakfast was good. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed December 2013
North Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Spent 2 nights here this past weekend was over all pleased. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was usual fare. In other reviews I have read mentioned train noise being a problem, I disagree. Never heard a train only some loud mufflers going by on the highway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good quiet place to stay in Macon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRKJKY
Chapmanville, West Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Recently stayed here as a stopping point on the way to Orlando. Hotel was very close to interstate, which was really nice. Hotel lobby itself was very nice and clean with a more modern look (but pretty familiar for SpringHill Suites). Staff was very welcoming and appeared to be willing and accommodating (although I never actually needed anything.). The room was again, a little more modern in appearance and design, with a separate bathroom with toilet and sink away from the bathtub/shower. The room also had a separate sitting area and work area, neither of which I used for my one night stay. The beds were really comfortable, and all the linen and the room in general was very clean. I did notice a musty type smell upon entering the room though. Nothing overwhelming, and it did take a bit to get used to, but nothing too bothersome. My girlfriend said she didn't smell it at all, so it could have been me. As with most Marriott properties, the hotel was what I expect when I book with Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jprakes
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I just stayed here on business travel earlier this week. Easy check in and check out. Absolutely no problems or complaints. I had a king size bed room. It has a separate toilet/sink room and shower/sink room. Also a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. Air worked wonderfully since there were record highs in the 80s in December the day I was there. Room was nicely decorated with a couch/chaise and a desk area.
Breakfast was sufficient. They had fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, oatmeal, muffins, pastries, boiled eggs, sliced ham, etc. I would definitely stay here again.
Free USA Today papers in the lobby and free wi-fi all over the hotel.
I didn't hear any trains when I was there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ata1976
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I searched the hotels in the Macon area for out of town guests for my daughter's wedding last summer. This hotel was by far the nicest, most accommodating, and most affordable. (I meant to write a review sooner, but life got in the way.) The office staff worked with me beautifully, even though in the beginning I was uncertain of the number of rooms I needed. They even gave me a free room for the bride and bridesmaids. The breakfasts were outstanding. The location was safe and near the interstate. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family