“Great stay!”

Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Shelby, North Carolina
“Great stay!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The experience with Springhill Suites in Macon was topnotch from the first contact. I spoke with a very personable young man, Jeremy, who set up our reservation. When we arrived late Saturday afternoon, Jeremy happened to be working the weekend. He remembered speaking with me, and was as personable in person as he was on the phone. The other staff was equally personable, professional. Our suite had 2 queen beds and the sitting area. Excellent Wi-Fi connection, speedy, no problem accessing. The suite is spacious and bright. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank L P
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello!

We first would like to thank you very much for your great feedback!

Jeremy is one of our best associates and we are very excited you were so kind to celebrate him publicly. These types of positive feedback really helps our team stay positive and eager to please the next guest. So for that I thank you for assisting in my teams daily motivation.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area as we are positive we continue to be "Top Notch".

Devin Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

While driving from TN to FL, we planned to stay the night at a hotel in Macon, GA. I checked for hotels close to the interstate based on price, free hot breakfast and size of room. I have never stayed at a Springhill Suites, but based on my criteria and it being a Marriott property...decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by the very modern decor. Apparently it was built within the last 3 years or so. Anyway, all rooms are suites with a mini fridge, microwave and super nice shower. The bed was comfortable and Paul Mitchell toiletries. The breakfast was great. While we didn't use the pool, Jacuzzi or workout facilities, they looked very clean and well kept. All staff were super friendly ...even the one at 3 am when we needed something. I would highly recommend this for an overnight or a week!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mrsdcm77
Hello!

We greatly appreciate the wonderful feedback given on our lovely Macon property. It is our goal to always give the experience you had to all of our guest and we are so excited we achieved that goal with your family.

Whenever you are traveling to Florida again we hope to see you then as well.

Thank you again for the feedback!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Traveling from Kentucky to Florida, deciding to stay the night about half way in Macon. So many hotels to choose from but we go off our Marriott points and this hotel is part of the Marriott family. The hotel lobby is beautiful with sheer blue curtains hanging from ceiling to floor and comfortable setting. Big indoor pool and very nice employees. The rooms are the best surprise. Has a small living area with L shaped couch and a desk. The beds are comfortable. There is a walk in closet, a half bath with a sink and toilot and another room with a sink and tub/shower combo. All having doors with frosted glass and kind of like a pocket door. And I cant forget that it has a bench in front of the window where you can set and read. We like this place so much that we stayed again on our way back home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amber F
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello!

We really are excited that you had a great stay during your travel to Florida. we often have guest stop in to and from Florida and comments like this really helps our business. In addition the positive feedback energizes my team to continue to work hard and stay committed to our guest.

We again thank you!!

milford, ct
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We drove up from ft Myers on our annual roadtrip. I decided to make a stop in Macon. We arrived at the hotel and greeted by a friendly front house staff member( I wish I remembered her name) . The hotel has this funky underwater theme decor.. Really cool. We went to our room, it was beautiful, clean, spacious. We had two double beds and a fold out sofa, which was in a separate sitting space area. The bathroom toilet was in a separate area than the shower. The shower.. Ahhh the shower was is very spacious with spa jets in it!! So nice!! It is a great hotel with a great hot breakfast selection. I will definitely go back again!! Don't hesitate to stop here. And it's right off 81 and near all restaurants!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello!

Thank you very much for your feedback here on trip advisor! My team is very excited about your comments and it has given us a boost of energy to start our week. We understand that you took your personal time to rate us and we again thank you very much.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Was told there was a $20 incidental fee. Debit card was charged twice for a total of $40. When I asked the employee at the front desk about the issue the next morning after checking my bank statement the employee wouldn't discuss it and immediately went and got her manager. The manager at that point straight up lied to me and said there wasn't two charges and tried telling me he only charged me $13, which doesn't even make sense to me. Then he said don't worry about it and that it will be credited back to my acct that night. 7 days later after I still did not receive my money back I called the front desk and told them the situation, and the front desk employee then told me they released my funds and proceeded to tell me that they have a sign posted on the front desk anyway informing me about the "incidental fee" and that I should have known this would happen. At that point she wouldn't let me talk to the manager and said she didn't know when he'd be in and that its my banks fault. I proceeded to call my bank and they said the hotel is holding my funds and that the manager needs to release the funds via a faxed letter. Really! Still haven't received my money back and my vacation is now over. There is many other hotels on that road, my advice is stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank scottgardner795
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Sir,

I would first like to thank you for your feedback as we always strive to get better. In addition I must also apologize for this extra $20.00 billing issue as it is not acceptable and has been addressed internally.

I also wanted to address some of your comments. My name is Devin Houston General Manager and I have never spoken to you about this issue. However I did speak to the rewards member who’s account you used for your stay and I immediately took accountability. I even emailed him an authorization release form to give to the bank. My desk staff clearly charged your card an extra $20.00 for incidentals but I assure you it was released the day you checked out. I am so sorry for this error and as I told the account holder when I spoke to him, we will do whatever we need to do in order to correct this issue.

In conclusion I credited the Marriott Rewards account with points for the trouble. There was no money value to this stay so a money refund was not appropriate. Lastly it may take up to seven business days to have the money back in your account but I promise you as I told the account owner, we released the funds the morning you checked out. Different banks take longer to credit back authorizations than others is what I have learned over my years in the business. If you have any other feedback please feel free to contact me anytime.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very clean well kept facility. Stayed in King suite. The décor is modern bright, and upbeat. I liked the separation of the John, and the sower room. There was a children's softball tournament in town during my stay. The management went out of their way to curb the noise that children will inevitably make. I was no awoke one time. The pool is very nice, and big enough to swim laps, no heat though...bummer. The workout room is average with 5 machines, but everything in kept, working condition. The lobby is has a nice setup, and can accommodate large amounts of people. Breakfast is at 6:30AM during the week, and 7:30 AM on the weekend. The breakfast is hot, but average. Sausage, eggs, biscuits...everyday. The facilty is located in a very good area LOTS of brand name restaurant within 1/2 mile .Bonefish, Bucca, Chiles, Carabba's just to name a few. Would recommend, and stay again.

Room Tip: Long term stay rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay here at the Springhill Suites Macon and we look forward to having you back soon. Positive feedback is always good inspiration for the team and it means a lot that you took the time to review our property in a positive light.

Again we thank you for the feedback!

florida
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed one night in 2 queen room with sofa bed - beds weren't very comfortable, sofa bed was very thin and old. Room was clean but had an unpleasant odor. Odd bathroom set up mentioned in other reviews was fine for us - actually was a positive aspect for a family with kids. Service was good - very quick and pleasant check in. Breakfast was average with a few hot choices, waffles, oatmeal and breads/pastries. No fruit left by the time we got there, but plenty of other food. Nothing really bad about this hotel, but would try somewhere else next time, hoping for more comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback! We are sad that we didn’t exceed your expectations during your stay. It is always our goal as a brand and business to exceed our customer’s expectations but it seems we have failed during your stay. If you ever are in the Macon area in the future I encourage you to give us second chance. If you have any additional feedback please feel free to contact me directly at devin.houston@marriott.com.