“Good for an overnight stay when traveling.”

SpringHill Suites Macon
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Good for an overnight stay when traveling.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have come to have certain expectations from Marriott. Front staff was great and check in was very efficient. The overall theme of the hotel was very neat and modern. The vent in our bathroom was in great need of a good cleaning. The room appeared to have been partially cleaned- beds made but that's about it. One of the pillows had a blood stain on the pillow and covered with a clean pillowcase. The trash in the shower room had not been emptied prior to our arrival.

• Stayed April 2013
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the good review considering some of these issues you were faced with during your stay. As a team we will look at these issues and make sure that they are addressed today. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and good or bad it helps us get better. We hope we get a second chance if you are ever in Macon as I am psiitive you will have a much better experience.

Devin Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my go to Hotel when traveling on business in the Macon area. Always comfortable, clean, and relaxing..especially for a weary business traveler. It is close to a really nice mall with several restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your great feedback! We are very excited that you would rate us as the best hotel in Macon and we agree! I will be sharing your feedback with the team as it keeps us motivated to do better. We look forward to having you back with us upon your return to beautiful Macon and we thank you again for taking the time to rate us on trip advisor.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

One night trip to Macon. Ga. Check-in was quick. Front desk staff was very helpful with local information. Great room. Very clean and modern. No noise from nearby highway. Full breakfast. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for the great feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us positive feedback as it is great motivation for my staff. We take time every morning and read guest comments with the entire staff and these positive comments really help jump start our day to start on a positive note.

We look forward to hosting your next trip to Macon and sincerely thank you for your business!

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Springhill Suites is a fairly new property with comfortable beds, flat screen TV and nice furnishings. However, service was not always great. I got in late my third night from a local bridge tourney and found they had not cleaned the room. When I called the front desk about it, and to see if I could get some clean towels, they said they had nobody available to do that. Also, the breakfast buffet in the mornings was decent, but it oftentimes ran out of food from the waves of youths that were staying in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback after your visit with us. I would like to apologize for the service you received during your stay. It is always our goal to give great service but when we fall short and feedback is given it helps us get better as a team. I will address your comments with my staff and make sure we have plans in place to overcome similar concerns in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from Florida. Check-in was quick, and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. The room was surprisingly quiet given that I-75 is close-by. There is one restaurant next door so it was nice not to have to drive. Breakfast was good with a good variety to choose from.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! There are many choices in the area and it really helps our brand when we get great feedback like this. It is always our goal to have every guest leave with a positive experience and we a grateful that was the case during your stay! Please come back to visit us the next time you are in Macon as we look forward to another successful stay.

Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

One of the newest of the Marriott properties in Macon. Several years old now but holding up well. I stay here fairly often when in Macon on business. Staff are friendly and helpful.
The lobby and breakfast area are nice and the breakfast itself is pretty good. Nothing special but consistently good. Market is fairly well,stocked but - on more than one occasion - have been out of diet soda for several days at a time.

Rooms are nice and the furnishings are holding up well. Good work area and seating area. All rooms have iHome iPod base stations.

The real reason I stay here and keep coming back? Their treadmills in the fitness center are in good working order with individual TVs that actually still work. An often overlooked area that is huge for people like me who live on the road.

This property is generally more expensive than all but the full service Marriott downtown.
I had one bad experience with loud and rowdy kids in a school group once but the hotel handled it well.

Plenty of good dining options in the area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your “Solid Bet” review! We appreciate your business every time you are in Macon as we know you have several choices when traveling. Comments like this keeps us all motivated to continue to do more and get better daily and it is appreciated.

GM
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay until the 3rd night. I checked in on a wednesday December 26,2012 and my checkout date was Dec.29,2012 I did not get any sleep or rest because there was several football players,cheerleaders, fans and parents on my floor and they were up all night. I mention this the clerk when I checked out no apology she just told me call the General Manager. I could never reached the general manager. This was suppose to be my end of the year vacation to myself what a horrible last night. Management should put the football players,cheerleaders,coaches, parents all on 1 FLOOR so that others can sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and comments on your hotel experience. I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and to your satisfaction. Your comments help motivate not only our Front Desk staff, but our entire hotel staff to continue to provide our guests with the excellent customer service people have come to know and expect from Marriott Name. We are very popular for having groups and do the best we can to control the noise and traffic. Although we don’t have teams and groups everyday, we will make sure we do a better job of managing during those times. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you visit beautiful Macon Georgia.