“Good Value”

SpringHill Suites Macon
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Macon
“Good Value”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from Florida. Check-in was quick, and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. The room was surprisingly quiet given that I-75 is close-by. There is one restaurant next door so it was nice not to have to drive. Breakfast was good with a good variety to choose from.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! There are many choices in the area and it really helps our brand when we get great feedback like this. It is always our goal to have every guest leave with a positive experience and we a grateful that was the case during your stay! Please come back to visit us the next time you are in Macon as we look forward to another successful stay.

Devin Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

One of the newest of the Marriott properties in Macon. Several years old now but holding up well. I stay here fairly often when in Macon on business. Staff are friendly and helpful.
The lobby and breakfast area are nice and the breakfast itself is pretty good. Nothing special but consistently good. Market is fairly well,stocked but - on more than one occasion - have been out of diet soda for several days at a time.

Rooms are nice and the furnishings are holding up well. Good work area and seating area. All rooms have iHome iPod base stations.

The real reason I stay here and keep coming back? Their treadmills in the fitness center are in good working order with individual TVs that actually still work. An often overlooked area that is huge for people like me who live on the road.

This property is generally more expensive than all but the full service Marriott downtown.
I had one bad experience with loud and rowdy kids in a school group once but the hotel handled it well.

Plenty of good dining options in the area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your “Solid Bet” review! We appreciate your business every time you are in Macon as we know you have several choices when traveling. Comments like this keeps us all motivated to continue to do more and get better daily and it is appreciated.

GM
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay until the 3rd night. I checked in on a wednesday December 26,2012 and my checkout date was Dec.29,2012 I did not get any sleep or rest because there was several football players,cheerleaders, fans and parents on my floor and they were up all night. I mention this the clerk when I checked out no apology she just told me call the General Manager. I could never reached the general manager. This was suppose to be my end of the year vacation to myself what a horrible last night. Management should put the football players,cheerleaders,coaches, parents all on 1 FLOOR so that others can sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MrUtahUte7, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and comments on your hotel experience. I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and to your satisfaction. Your comments help motivate not only our Front Desk staff, but our entire hotel staff to continue to provide our guests with the excellent customer service people have come to know and expect from Marriott Name. We are very popular for having groups and do the best we can to control the noise and traffic. Although we don’t have teams and groups everyday, we will make sure we do a better job of managing during those times. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you visit beautiful Macon Georgia.
Thomasville NC
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This facility is as advertised. Staff was professional and friendly. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, towels were satisfactory for two people. Fresh hot waffles for breakfast. We visited Mercer University, this hotel is a few exist north. Was easy to get to our destination from facility. We would stay at this facility again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear about your interactions with our staff members. These are the comments that keep the staff motivated to continue to provide excellent service. Thank you again for your recent stay and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Oakland County, MI
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'll begin by stating that I wrote the first ever Tripadvisor review for this property. Two years ago, I was highly impressed with this (at that time new) hotel. I recently had a second stay here in the hopes of a similar experience, but was severely let down.

We arrived in the evening, and were promptly checked in. My young children, tired from a long day on the road, immediately fell asleep. It was a particularly cold evening in Macon, so I turned up the heat to get it running. After about 30 minutes, I realized that the room wasn't getting warmer, and that the heater/ac unit in the room was only running in short 60 second "bursts". I went downstairs to address this with the front desk staff member. He advised me that this is normal, that the rooms have motion sensors that only allow the climate control to run when the room is occupied. He also advised me that he would be unable to move me into another room due to occupancy levels. Lastly, he advised me to give it more time, and that the room would eventually warm up. At that point he interrupted our conversation to answer the phone, and I returned to the room to get some sleep. I woke up a few times throughout the night, and found that the room had never warmed up. Very disappointing and uncomfortable, to say the least.

Wear and tear is also highly evident in this property. I am amazed at the toll two years can take on a room. Our room had peeling wallpaper in the washroom, a loose/dangling pocket door latch, and a giant stain on the carpet. Not typically what you would expect from a Marriott brand.

That morning we took breakfast and then checked out. At check out, the woman working the desk asked how our stay was. When I reported the heat issue, she empathized and stated she would discuss this with the general manger. She indicated that she would see if he could give me some Marriott Rewards points as compensation for our inconvenience. I thanked her and left the property. I then assumed that the matter would be addressed to my satisfaction, which was a mistake on my part.

It has been almost a month since our stay, and still no response from the general manger. His lack of response speaks volumes about his regard for guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, it appears that the staff of this property are just going through the motions without any true regard for guest satisfaction. This is not what I've come to expect from the Marriott brand. As a result, I will never return to this property, and would recommend that others pursue one of the other plentiful options when in the Macon area. I know I will.

1 Thank TravelHound1
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I called ahead of time to make certain 6 people could stay in the suite they advertised as a 6 person suite, made the reservation with the local desk clerk and specifically told her there would be six people. First of all, it was a holiday weekend. We all dressed to go down to the advertised "heated pool" which was closed and we were informed it would not be available all weekend. I was not told this upon check in. We had two towels, one bar of soap, one set of shampoos, and two half used rolls of toilet paper for 6 guests; the refrigerator did not work properly which they finally replaced on our second night there; there were no linens for the sofa bed which was unmade; we had to call down for linens as we did towels. The tv remote did not work properly. The ice maker on our floor did not work and was in fact removed from its spot where mold and mildew remained in sight the entire stay.

The many trains in the middle of the night and early morning hours made me feel like I was in "My Cousin Vinny" movie . We did h ave to laugh about that.

When talking to the desk clerk and an asst manager, I was told two towels are "standard" in all rooms, including rooms for 6; since they replaced the refrigerator, there would be no adjustment for that. NO ONE there could make a decision, they called the assistant GM on the phone. I was not able to talk with anyone who could make a decision. So they adjusted my bill $10.00 per night since we did not have use of the pool. Let me say, the room rate was close to $100.00 per night.

I felt ripped off and will never stay there again and will second guess Marriott Hotels from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fla37
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We always stay here when visiting our family in Macon. The suites have a great layout, LOVE the design in the lobby (really fun!) and the breakfast is always yummy. Staff has always been helpful and polite.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the queen and king rooms--both are quite comfortable.