“2 towels for a 6 person suite”

SpringHill Suites Macon
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I called ahead of time to make certain 6 people could stay in the suite they advertised as a 6 person suite, made the reservation with the local desk clerk and specifically told her there would be six people. First of all, it was a holiday weekend. We all dressed to go down to the advertised "heated pool" which was closed and we were informed it would not be available all weekend. I was not told this upon check in. We had two towels, one bar of soap, one set of shampoos, and two half used rolls of toilet paper for 6 guests; the refrigerator did not work properly which they finally replaced on our second night there; there were no linens for the sofa bed which was unmade; we had to call down for linens as we did towels. The tv remote did not work properly. The ice maker on our floor did not work and was in fact removed from its spot where mold and mildew remained in sight the entire stay.

The many trains in the middle of the night and early morning hours made me feel like I was in "My Cousin Vinny" movie . We did h ave to laugh about that.

When talking to the desk clerk and an asst manager, I was told two towels are "standard" in all rooms, including rooms for 6; since they replaced the refrigerator, there would be no adjustment for that. NO ONE there could make a decision, they called the assistant GM on the phone. I was not able to talk with anyone who could make a decision. So they adjusted my bill $10.00 per night since we did not have use of the pool. Let me say, the room rate was close to $100.00 per night.

I felt ripped off and will never stay there again and will second guess Marriott Hotels from now on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fla37

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We always stay here when visiting our family in Macon. The suites have a great layout, LOVE the design in the lobby (really fun!) and the breakfast is always yummy. Staff has always been helpful and polite.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the queen and king rooms--both are quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyndicadyd
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here in March 2012 to be near an elderly relative in a nursing home. The room was adequate, though lighting in the bathroom (mirror) was poor. My cell phone charger was stolen from my room during the day on my last day there. Although the cost of the replacement was reimbursed, it was not convenient to go out an purchase a new one that was not even equivalent to the one that was removed from the room.
I did return at Thanksgiving for a 5-night stay. The room was adequate again, but there was a loose floor tile in the bathroom and the toilet seat was broken. I reported both of these maintenance issues, but I really have a feeling they were not repaired.
On Thanksgiving, we were out until early evening. On our return we were dismayed to find that someone (?) had stuck a "do not makeup room" card in the key card slot. We were tired and really not wanting to face a room that hadn't been serviced that day. Again, I reported to the desk clerk who seemed genuinely concerned and promised that the manger would contact me the following day. That has not happened yet.
I did find the breakfast to be adequate and ample, the bed comfortable, and the desk staff to be friendly. I just think there is an issue with oversight that related directly to management.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a drive from Florida to Ohio. The location of this hotel was perfect. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and confortable. Breakfast was typical for a springhill and served it's purpose. I would defineately reccommend, and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed at this property in room 408 on the Dec 20. Its a beautiful hotel and clean. However I felt it needs maintienance. There was a small gap between the tub surround and the tub in that room. We mentioned that to front desk. It may just need caulking. We could feel cold air coming from there. You hotel is beautiful, and I would hate to see water get in thru that gap and cause mold and wet carpet or floor. Your staff is courteous, breakfast was superb. Had a great night sleep on comfortable pillows and mattress. Because of this good experience, we ended up in another Springhill Suites in Chattanooga.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is a nice hotel. Everything is well updated and very clean. Front desk staff that I dealt with was very nice. We stayed here on Nov 16 on our way to Florida. 3 families total stayed and we all loved the hotel. nice pool and fitness room. However, my son left is phone in the room and I left my pillow. when we realized we left it we were almost to Florida and I thought that it was no big deal as this is a Marriott and I will call them tomorrow. Called for the next week and got the run around about who could have found it or if anyone found it at all. Also, could never get in touch with a manager for a week. Finally I spoke to someone who said they did not find it and it was not there and to quit calling. I spoke to a manager the next day who insisted that his staff could not have stolen the phone out of the room. The problem is I checked my phone bill and all the time we were in Florida someone in Macon GA was using my phone. We even have the numbers showing who and when they were calling. Gave all the info to the manager and was assured he would follow up on it and find out who it was. that was a week ago and he has not called back. You would think having a thief working there would be a big deal. I will not be staying here again. Sad thing is my father is an Elite member of Marriott Rewards and he was also very upset and will be contacting corporate as well. Not even an offer to refund our points used for the stay. so I am out a $30 pillow and a $100 phone plus an activation fee for a new phone. Nice way to be treated.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank twinm0m3
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place. The modern furnishings, and cheery, soothing color palette of white light green and light blue is perfect. The rooms are clean and huge. I felt instantly at home here and loved the white quartz counter tips throughout the room/bathroom. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on and I love that they don't place any nasty old throw pillows on the clean white sheets. The only slight issue I had was that the shower wall had a few hairs on it. (gag) but other than that it was clean and new and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012