“Serious Safety Problems!!”

SpringHill Suites Macon
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I was locked in my room!! My door would not open the morning of my check-out. I called the front desk and the manager came up to "un-stick" my door. When he got it open, he laughed and said that you have push in before you pull open the door. I told him that this was a very serious issue and was not in the least bit funny. I told him this was a major fire hazard.

It was bad enough to be stuck in my room. But, the manager laughing, that is absolutely appalling!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank HtlRvw
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Macon

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our family came for a tennis tournament and it was awesome. They were PACKED but the staff was awesome. They were very well staffed each of the 3 days we were there. My two kids LOVED the pool. Warning, it's heated but to touch its still colder than your body temperature. On a hot day it feels great. Breakfast was convienent and by the time we left the front desk clerks had remembered our names. Now that's customer service. We are definitely staying here again next year. Great job Springhill Staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pink_ring11
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My experience at this hotel was good. The staff was friendly and apologized for my wait (like 2 minutes while the customer ahead of me in line checked in... not biggie). I liked having the desk and couch sectioned off from the bed. I would recommend that you request a room that faces the front of the hotel. I had a room facing the interstate and it was noisy. Also, breakfast could start a little earlier. I had to be at work at 6:00 and breakfast doesn't start until 6:30.

Bottom line, clean room, check
friendly staff, check
comfortable bed, check
safe location, check

That's the important stuff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank veggieguy0
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Disney. The hotel is new and clean and overall (facility-wise) it was fine with one exception. The toilet is separate from the bathroom, which can make things difficult for some at times. However, my biggest issue with Springhill Suites was the bill that showed up on our credit card statement after we were home. We prepaid for our stay using credit card points and then were billed again without our knowledge. I contacted our credit card company and they were eventually able to get a hold of a manager who said they screwed up and would be sending us a refund. Hopefully I will get the refund that has been promised. We were very disappointed and frustrated by their front-desk/billing department ignorance.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on way to airport - personally found it expensive $140, but the staff were very pleasant and the breakfast was okay.

I did not like the room - although it was clean (but its new so it should be!). The layout is odd, and although the bed was comfy the aircon blowing in your face or the back of your head is not!! so it was sleep in a stuffy room or have a full blown gale blowing straight at you! The door to the hallway let in a good inch of light under it - which was annoying for my son who was next to it on the sofa bed.

The sliding doors to the toilet and walk in shower room were very noisy - so in the middle of the night you let everyone know what you were doing.

It was a kingsize suite but was way to small for 3 people and I would think even a struggle with 2.

Oh, also the noise from the motorway all night was loud and very annoying.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AUTISMSMITH
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I've been a mariott rewards member for several years, and have to say this is by far the best SpringHill suites I've stayed at. Thre lobby was trendy, the rooms very spacious, and the pool huge by hotel comparisons.

My only compliants would have to be the bathroom layout, I know it adds to the trendiness to have it split with sliding doors, but the doors were heavy and loud to open and close.

Overall we will use this hotel again when passing throught he area!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Everything at this hotel is awesome. Great staff, new hotel that's just a great concept and it's close to the new mall in Macon. I love the ability to plug my iPad in to the tv and watch my movies, or plug my iPod in to the ihome alarm clock. They have life cardio machines and free weights along with a nice size pool.

• Stayed: March 2011