“Is the ocean right over those tracks?”

Jim Shaw's Seafood Grill
Ranked #11 of 358 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Often described as the local's favorite seafood restaurants in Macon, GA, Jim Shaw's Seafood Grill has been open since 1979. This casual eat-in restaurant and bar serves some of the best fresh seafood in town. The restaurant is only open for dinner and they offer an Early Bird menu from 5:00 till 6:00 PM with reduced prices.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am from Savannah and I feel like I'm home when I eat here. I recommend the grilled and fried shrimp and sitting on the informal side. Perfect spot for a warm summer night.

There are newer reviews for Jim Shaw's Seafood Grill

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We got to town too late to get reservations at the couple of "higher end" places. Took a chance on this. Turned out to be a terrific choice. They offer very fresh fish - plenty of varieties - fixed a number of ways. We tried blackened and grilled. (We try to stay away from fried.) all were excellent. We were told that the owner personally selects only the best and freshest and we believe it. I had the best catfish! Prices were very reasonable. Don't let the lack of decor deter you. Its very casual, noisy but a good place for a family. Also, be aware that there is a side entrance to a bar and take away counter. You can eat in there too but without service beyond ordering at the counter. We walked in that door first and were off put. Good thing we asked and were directed out to the right door to the restaurant!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The seafood is fresh and prepared how you like it. The people are wonderful who work there and always recognize return customers and treat us wonderfully. There isn't a seafood place on the coast that can hold a candle to Jim Shaw's. IT is perfect.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Returning from a trip to Florida, where we had eaten at restaurants on the gulf side as well as the Atlantic (including at an "award winning" restaurant where the only award I would've given it was a golden fleece) my wife and I experienced what was far and away the best dining experience of our trip. Don't expect to be awed by the decor and the location may not be the most convenient, but if you want delicious food, fairly priced, and attentive service this is your place. Blacked tuna "tid bits", oysters on the half shell, fried oysters, soft shell crab and scallops were all perfectly prepared and unbelievably tasty. My wife had a ribeye that she said was one of the best steaks she's ever had. And if that wasn't enough, our server j- Sydney - was everything you could ask and then some. I would go out of my way on any trips to the southeast in order to dine at Jim Shaw's again. Awesome, absolutely awesome.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I wanted take out- we went to Jim shaw's and sat in the bar while we waited. The bar tender was super friendly and personable, food was quick and delicious. I had the blackened scallop basket with a side of cheese grits. I highly reccomend both, ESP the cheese grits. The fries are interesting, different in that they are battered, which makes them rich. I am not able to finish a whole order, but a few are nice. I would definitely go again.
And ps- my friend reccomends the spinach salad.