“I'll never eat another chain burger”
Review of JL's Open Pit Bar-b-q - CLOSED

JL's Open Pit Bar-b-q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to go off the beaten track and try some local style food rather than the slick chains we are used too. Boy what a find. This place served the best food I have eaten in all my 17years of travelling the States. The pulled pork was amazing. I never knew you could get such flavours from a BBQ. I obviously am doing it wrong in my back garden!
The silence of the four of us whilst tucking into our respective meals spoke volumes!
I will always seek out the local eateries from now on and leave the chains alone. JL's BBQ was great for taste, value, service and ambiance. Well worth a stop if your heading down the i75.

1  Thank AlanWhicker

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

During a long drive between Atlanta and Tampa, we stumbled upon this restaurant. Excellent BBQ! I had the pulled pork and BBQ beans. Yum!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a favorite lunch spot for myself and several co-workers. We love the BBQ beans, squash casserole, sweet potato fries, green beans, and the meats are great.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We went with a group of 15 early on a Sunday evening. The service and staff was good. The barbecue chicken lacked flavor and was very dry. The sides were on par with the chicken.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came here thinking it was a southern Bar-B-Q place and they told us they no longer were JL's but were a diner now. The food may have been great but we did not eat it since we had our mouths set on southern smokehouse food.