“Pretty good lunch place”
Review of Market City Cafe - CLOSED

Market City Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went here on a Saturday for lunch. Arrived around 12:30 and it was fairly full in the front room. Waitress greeted quickly but it took quite a while to get the drinks delivered and food ordered. Caesar salad was really good but the croutons were a little too strongly seasoned with rosemary, which was a little distracting. I Got the chicken salad on croissant with a side market salad with the house made blue cheese vinaigrette. It was really good. My husband ordered the Bobie sandwich which was turkey, stuffing and cranberry on a baguette. He would have liked it better if it had been served hot. The homemade potato chips were good. The server was pleasant but the service itself was a little slow. The bathroom was in dire need of attention. It was dirty, missing supplies and the trash can was overflowing. Overall I would say it was good, but I would not return.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let me start by saying the coffee in this place ROCKS!!!!!! Local roaster...correct amount in the machine....great stuff! Anyway we got into town and realized there was VERY few breakfast places around that were not chains. Market Place was a great find. I got the breakfast sandwich with spinach, grueuer(sp) cheese, ham and other goodied with a side of hash browns. The hasbrowns were the squares that come frozen but they were cooked perfect with the outside crunchy and brown and the inside hot and steamy...Kind of like my first wife....but I digress. Valerie got the omlete, cant remember what kind, and it was great. I recomend this place highly. Atmosphere is soso since it is located in what is basicaly a lobby for an office building but they have done well with what they have.

Give it a shot.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food was great, but the dessert is even better. Trick is, you need to order it immediately, because they run out quickly. We split a banana pudding, and it was FABULOUS! And we got the last one, having arrived at 11:45 and putting in our order before we even looked at the menus. This is a fun restaurant to grab a casual meal, but the dessert is what sets this restaurant apart. A definite "must try" for anyone from out of town and a "must return to" for anyone who resides in the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Found this through the local app. Its a cute local downtown restaurant with aet on the walls for sale and music from the 40's. Chicken salad croissant and salad was excellent and fresh. Pizza very good and handmade. Service a bit slow but friendly. Just sorry we didn't save room for their amazing desserts!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I don't event like banana pudding, and I fell in love with the banana pudding my colleague split with me today. The crunch of the bottom, the firm banana and the creamy pudding - the variety of texture and the right level of sweetness made it a perfect dessert.

I also like to walk around the restaurant afterwards to view the art exhibit. I enjoyed my second visit.