“Nice selection of desserts”
Review of Market City Cafe - CLOSED

Market City Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We enjoy the desserts at Market City Cafe. They have outdoor seating and you can people watch on one of the busier corners downtown. They have a decent menu that includes a lot of locally themed items.

If you find yourself downtown, this is always a safe bet.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is an awesom stop for a business lunch. The meatloaf sandwich is great and the burger is as well.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My first time there was not such a good experience, but I wanted to give it another try because it was so busy the first time. I am so glad I went back. The food is so fresh and tasty, the service can be spotty but generally it is good. The atmosphere is wonderful and the art work is from locals and it is really great stuff. It is definitely one of my fav places to eat lunch in down town Macon. Always packed so get there early....

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice lunch selection. Chicken salad was good and the homemade chips are delicious! But the best thing about the place is the chocolate cake and banana pudding. OMG. both are to die for!!! And dont forget the carrot cake. Just as amazing! Servings can be split cuz they are big. Prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm rather surprised Market City has survived as long as it has. I've eaten here about 10 times and have decided it's no longer worth the hassle. Although the food that I remember eating was pretty ok, it was so unmemorable that I couldn't tell you a single dish on the menu.

Although they have occasionally had ok servers, I've had two exceptionally bad experiences with servers forgetting about our table, or trying to hustle us out the door for no apparent reason.
Other aspects that disappoint include the restaurant closing at 6pm and hosts refusing to seat diners outside.