“Convenient location, clean hotel”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My daughter had a competition at the Coliseum, which shares the same parking lot. We picked this hotel based on our loyalty to Marriott and to its location. The hotel was very clean and it was so nice to just walk to the competition in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AmberG8R
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've stayed at my fair share of Marriott International flagship hotels. This has continued to meet the standard set by the company. Check-in was simple as was check-out. The gym facilities were actually better than anticipated. I wish I had remembered their names, but staff members even made sure another guest(who was belligerent) made it to the room safely. Apparently, the woman was there for work and her co-workers left her in the bar. Two employees helped her to the room safely. I would stay there again. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and easy to find.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We are happy you chose our hotel and even happier you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

A classic big City, big brand name Hotel – Marriott. Did exactly what it said on the tin. Nothing more and Nothing less.

Easy to find, just off main I.16 route. Huge car park and straight road up into Town, which we did just to have a look round.

Comfortable room, clean, spacious and equipped with the essentials.

Bar was a bit minimalist, but sufficed. Restaurant proved good (and not fancy) for Dinner (Steak and salad was as adventurous as we went), but excellent at Breakfast, where the lady Server (forgotten her name) was really a delight. Good spread, lots of choice, big buffet with cook-to-order as well, and terrific coffee.

Quibble – WiFi – being charged in this day and age – poor.

Room Tip: We had Room 206, but honestly feel there's not a lot to choose between them. Maybe higher floors...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

In reading over other reviews of this hotel, it seems like the manager spends most of his time making excuses for his staff. My experience was similar to other people. I reserved a room with a king bed but was told at check-in that no king rooms were available. The restaurant and bar were a disorganized mess. The room was what I would describe as marginally clean. Also, even though the placard on the hotel room door says check out time is noon (as it is in every other Marriott in which I have stayed) it is actually 11:00 as the maid told me when she banged on the door at precisely 11:00. I realize there aren’t a lot of high-end choices in Macon and I guess management here does as well. There are also no restaurants within walking distance. Next time I have business in Macon I will probably drive on to Atlanta (an hour and half away) and avoid overnighting in the city altogether. By the way, I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

We are extremely sorry for your experience. While I do not excuse any of the associates' shortcomings, I do take full responsibility and sincerely apologize. We hope you will reconsider staying in our wonderful community again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed there for a business trip - had two rooms for a week and going back a second week with two rooms... would think they could give some sort of discount or consideration but it didn't seem to be an option. The room was clean and the atmopshere is pleasant... was surprised to have to pay for drinks on the concierge level, so would recommend you have drinks or dinner outside the hotel as bar service is expensive and they are out of most every drink I ordered or the ingredients for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. Please call the hotel directly before arrival with special rate requests. Proper identification and documentation is usually required. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First of all I would like to thank Mrs. Williams and her staff for doing such an outstanding
job at the Macon Marriott, It has been truly a pleasure staying at this Hotel. I recommend
anyone to stay there, trust me it is a joy, they always make sure your stay is a pleasant
one and always telling you to come back, if your stay is not pleasant, always ask for Mrs.
Denise Williams and I a sure you that she will do everything in her power to make sure
you are happy before you leave, I promise, with her experience, her knowledge and her Expertise, she will make you happy and if she is not there, check out her co-workers, Shi,
Asti, Bennie, Larrisca, Harley, Perry, Katherine , Brenda and Elijah, they are one of a kind. I
also would like to thank Angie, seem to be very serious about her job, I like that and I want to
say I have only had one bad experience with M's Johanna, in the past we have had our
differences but that is over with, sometimes you have to let things go and not hold grudges
when you are in a certain position, she is the Front End Supervisor, but every time I come
there, she be staying at that front counter, look at you and don't even speak, I told her I
cannot be rude like she can, so I spoke and ask her how was she doing, she gave me that
fake smile and in return she ask the same, Customer Service is Number One in your
business, remember you have to show an example in order to for people to follow. I always
stay at the Marriott, it is like home away from home, so when you are out there riding
around just come on I16, exit 2 and I promise you, you will not be sorry, any room on any
floor, you got the Bar as you walk in BAMMM, the restaurant right there, try that new Pizza,
it is a Smash, really good, otherwise I would recommend this hotel 100%. Ladies and Guys
kudos to you all, Marriott would not be the same without you.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, don't matter what floor you are on.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank janice0908
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so happy you love our hotel and our staff! We are proud to have all of them on our team!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is clean, fairly well updated, and the staff is friendly. There is serious deficiency of luggage carts unfortunately; and in three years of staying there I have only seen a bellman once.

In my three years of staying here, one thing remains unchanged. The restaurant is a disaster. They seem to be completely unprepared to handle guests for lunch. There is no obvious division of duties between the wait staff, host, and managers. You will be lucky to get seated in 30 minutes on a good day.

Just plan your trip accordingly. Nice place to stay, but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel and apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received in our restaurant. I can assure you that will not happen again should you choose to stay and dine with us again. We look forward to serving you in the future.