“I will definitely stay here again.”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Georgia
“I will definitely stay here again.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and I was just as pleased as the first time. The rooms are beautiful and spacious - two queen beds, desk, dresser, nightstand and reading chair. There was even a lamp by the chair and additional lighting attached to the headboards.

The bathroom was also roomy and had a wonderful deep soaking tub. Don't shower - definitely take advantage of the tub.

The only negative point was the hotel restaurant. I ate their for breakfast once and the service was slow and the pancakes were dry. The server was very friendly though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love Marriott. I can count on great accommodations and great service so booking this hotel was a no-brainer but....... This was not the Marriott I have come to know and love. This was a nice hotel. It was new, it was clean but it was no where near Marriott standards. When we arrived the check in line was practically out the door. It took us an hour to get our room key. Angry guests being declined rooms... how could they have not been prepared for the number of guests they had to have known were coming??? There was only 1 server in the bar doing food and beverage orders for throngs of upset people... (Side note... she was outstanding in attitude but no one could have managed what she was expected to manage and she didn't know how to make any common cocktails with more than 2 ingredients) After observing the chaos for over an hour and watching a couple of supervisors "pretend to help" a Manager finally came out. You would think this would be a good thing??? But NO!!! If I worked for Marriott corporate I would have fired this man on the spot. He came out appearing to be sipping a cocktail. Then gave the overwhelmed bartender attitude, then stood and stared at the long line of upset individuals still trying to get a room... then finally as if there was nothing he could do to help he just disappeared. I honestly felt like I needed to go to the reception desk and offer to help. It was pathetic. Our room was nice, clean and quiet but again just not what I am used to. It was small and basic amenities I expect to have weren't there. No shower caps, no bottled water, no mini frig.... I would stay there again because it was new and clean and comfortable but service and amenities need to be addressed if they are going to bare the Marriott name.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our hotel and staff, I am apologize for your experience. I can assure you that this was an unusual circumstance and I am extremely sorry you had to deal with it. If you choose to return, and we hope you will, we will do everything to provide you with the best service! Thank you for your response.
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a three day conference and the hotel was very accommodating. The hotel did an excellent job making sure that everything was taken care of during the conference.

Check-in was simple and I loved being able to check-out from the room. This made our last day with the conference stress free.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while attending an event at the Douglass Theatre. Couldn't ask for a better location, great price and some of the friendliest folks we've encountered in quite a while. Very knowledgeable about local places to eat and how it get there. Leave the GPS at home. :).

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We enjoy getting to know our guests and guiding you to our wonderful attractions! We look forward to you staying with us again and visiting Macon!
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott City Center for four nights and it was great. The rooms are comfortable, if you need a microwave you just have to ask for one, I presume it's the same for a fridge, not sure because I didn't need one. The Breakfast Buffet is awesome, George, Alex, and Jimmy(To Tall), were the best. The made to order
omelettes were to die for and the shrimp and grits would make you want to slap yourself.

The hotel is located quite centrally to Cvs and Wal-mart if you need to make a quick trip. The Metro-plex or convention center which is attached to the hotel is awesome, just bring a sweater or jacket if you plan on being in a meeting hall, because it can get freezer cold, but the staff will try to accommodate you as best they can....you know everyone's cold tolerance is not the same, mine was just zero.

Like any hotel there are challenges but my title says it best, Vascoe, Bob and Erica, Natasha & Sandra are true "Resolution Specialist". I didn't have many issues at all, but when I did there was a staff of competent people that handled it with a smile and a sense of urgency.....Thank you for being the best and please continue the 5 star service....

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your positive words! We are extremely proud of our staff and look forward to continuing to serve you.
Donalsonville, Georgia
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I was VERY pleased when my room was ready for check-in right before noon!! What a relief because we only had a half day to tour the historical sites in Macon. We were able to drop off our things, freshen up, and we were on our way.
The breakfast was a bit pricey however the asparagus and potatoes were fantastic!
We didn't have enough towels or toiletries for our family of four which was a bit inconvenient and disappointing.
Starbucks coffee downstairs was a HUGE plus!!
The beds were very comfortable which I'm very thankful for because most hotel beds make my back hurt.
We asked for a cot and it was brought up right away. I thought $25 was too much for a cot when Disney, of all places, charged us $10.

• Stayed September 2013
Mark B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing us! We hope you enjoyed all of Macon's wonderful attractions! We hope you come back to visit us soon!
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have never stayed at this Marriott, and it lived up to the Marriott standards. Rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. Lobby and bar area very bright and airy. Had an excellent breakfast in the restaurant. The eggs and bacon were cooked to my perfection. Our waiter was excellent and "Johnny on the spot". Only problem encountered was they forgot to clean our room one day. It took several calls to housekeeping and the front desk to get it finally done around 5pm. Location is only a few miles to downtown area of Macon. Would definitely stay here again if in the Macon area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hiker1942
Thank you for the kind words and thank you for being so understanding and patient with the housekeeping. We love hearing feedback that helps us better serve you. We look forward to hosting you again soon!