“Restaurant Dining”

Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Restaurant Dining”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have never stayed at the hotel but we drive there on occasion to have dinner because we like the restaurant food. However, isn't it a shame that the restaurant takes a back seat to the rest of the hotel? There are few wait staff and when we were there tonight there were only about six couples in the dining room and it took an age before the drinks or food arrived. We were there a full hour before our food arrived. The beer in the bar, the Newcastle brown was overly cold (we are Brits and don't drink our beer cold like that) and it was flat with no head on it and no bubbles. The wait staff were happy to exchange it for something else. My wine which should have been a 9 oz was only 6 oz being passed off as 9 oz and if it was not for my husband querying it we would have paid for 9 oz. Not quite good enough for this type of restaurant when the wait staff do not know their product. It is disappointing to find a whole area behind the bar locked up with bars over the soft drinks. If you don't want to service the area then move the items but don't make it look as if you don't trust anyone in that area. The food, when it arrived, was delicious and so the wait was worth it. We enjoyed the steak with fries and spinach. However, I do not understand why this restaurant isn't full out of the door unless it is because it is so slow. You cannot run a restaurant without staff to serve and keep people happy. Full marks to our server for sorting our drinks out and to the cook who did a good job on our food. However, the management failed to understand that you need more people in the restaurant for people to be drawn there knowing that they can be in and out of there in a short period of time. Many people do not like to sit for a long time waiting for their meal and hence perhaps that is why so many people were having room service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chickamauga, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I regulary stay at this hotel for business several times a year. It is always clean, the staff are always friendly, and the rooms are always very comfortable. It is in a convenient location as well. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Macon area.

Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I loved this Hotel, it was nice and comfy. The resturant staff was excellent john, tony and sayida were great. This was a great Hotel. Please dont leave without trying the breakfast buffet. The banquet rooms are also lovely if you are planning an event.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was disappointed with this hotel especially since it is a full service Marriott. When I went to hang my clothes in the closet after checking in, I found a man's shirt hanging in my closet that had been obviously worn and left by a previous guest. Housekeeping must have over-looked it when cleaning the room. The bathroom had only a large glassed in shower and no tub. The shower door needed to be adjusted - it had a large gap in the door that let water spray out and the shower door handle was very loose. This should have been reported to maintenance by housekeeping when they cleaned the room; I reported it at check out so the next guest did not have to deal with it. The room otherwise appeared clean. The hotel was non-smoking but on 2 of the nights I had the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vents. I complained to the front desk and was told they would send security to the floor to determine where it was coming from but it continued. The walls are very thin and conversations in the next room were easily heard in addition to the children in the room next to mine who were definitely not using their indoor voices. The room was large and the furnishings were nice; the bed was very comfortable. The internet is available at an additonal charge, but I chose not to use it. The hotel is located in downtown Macon and not far from the highway. I did not eat at the hotel but chose restaurants in the local area.

Room Tip: Select a room away from other guests if you wnat a quiet room.
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is a very nice looking hotel on the inside and out. The bar is in the lobby and is a great place to socialize. Very busy every night and the wait staff is on the spot. My only issue with the hotel is at check-in. They only have one person checking in so it took 30 minutes with three people ahead of me. For a full service Marriott they should have at least two people checking in. The concierge lounge is excellent with a great variety of food selections both at night and for breakfast. I had lunch one day and dinner the next in the hotel and was very happy with the food quality and pricing. Right in line with any other restaurant and I did not have to leave the hotel. The hotel is very close to downtown and other things to do. It has an attached convention center which is nice for our event this week. I will always stay here when in Macon but I hope the check-in experience is better next time. All of the staff I encountered were very nice and attentive to my needs.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor. There is not much of a view but it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice room - 4 star material
Beds were nice & comfortable. Slept well
Pretty room. Updated.
Lots of Mold in shower - black & pink
Staff - some very friendly - some grumpy. Front desk usually has just one person. SHould have at least 2. Had to wait to check in (2 people ahead.) Also other times I needed help, Had to wait.
$10 for wifi... most hotels and restaurants are free these days!

I'd give it 5 if wifi was available, and continental breakfast like other hotels in it's class.

Wasn't willing to be accommodating for late checkout. Asked for 1pm. They said 12:30pm. So finally agreed on 12:45. Other hotels would let you stay til 2pm. It was Sunday.

Got a decent rate via Priceline by mistake (I entered a wrong zone.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C3ontheroad
Carrollton, GA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just returned from a one night/two day business trip. With a group reservation of about 35 rooms, they still allowed most of us to check in around 1:30. This is a very large facility with a lot of rooms, so that was no surprise. All employees were friendly, said hello, opened doors for us, etc. The meeting facilities are more than adequate, even for very large groups. My only complaint is that there is a very long walk to the conference facilities from the room. I don't know how far it is exactly, but it must be more than half a mile. People with limited mobility might have some difficulty. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Everything was just as expected. My coworker in the next room accidentally locked herself out of her room after setting her room service tray outside the door, and she came to my room and called the front desk. They sent someone up immediately to let her back in, and this was during a very busy time with everyone checking out. Great service. I'm used to getting discounts here and there, so the room seems a little on the high side, but I suppose it's the best choice for an overnight stay with large meeting facilities.