“Nice Stay”

Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Macon
deland, florida
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our room was clean and everyone at this hotel was very kind and helpful. There is an indoor pool and hot tub and nice workout room. Room service was reasonable for this hotel class, but it was a bit slow. We were only there one night and everything was fine. The parking lot was patrolled by security which made us feel better, because hotel is not too far from run down looking areas...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Buckhead, GA
Reviewed August 4, 2011

While the room was adaquect the service at this hotel was terrible. There was a very loud family reniuon going on in the hotel and the noise was very loud until all hours of the early morning. When the front desk was contacted, they would not move me to another room at 2AM nor did they do anything to quiet the noise. At 2am I was told there were no rooms available but when I inquired about another room or that I would have to check out at 7am I was told there were plenty of rooms available and no reason as to why the night staff had told me otherwise. Maybe they were part of the problem!!!!!!! Just saying.

Needless to say when I am back in Macon next year for this annual meeting I will not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane B
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Marriott was modern looking and nice but we had a problem with the AC unit, it never seemed to get cool enough. We requested an early check in and called the same day to make sure we could get it and then waited 3 hours for our room!!!!! We did complain to management and they did discount our room but be prepared to wait awhile!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank aimesf
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The hotel staff is pleasant, and the restaurant servesa nice buffet breakfast. The main problem I had during my week in the hotel was with housekeeping. I arrived at 4:30 PM on a Sunday and was told my room was not yet ready. I was given another room, but this was a harbinger of things to come. On Tuesday there were no towels when I returned at 4 in the afternoon, and they were not supplied until 5 PM. On Thursday there was no cleaning done at all when I returned at 4. After asking about this at the desk, I was told the problem would be resolved. I went back up at 4:15, to see no cart in the hall, nothing done in my room. I returned to the front desk, where I was told the staff wasn't answering their phones or radios. A housekeeper finally arrived at my room at quarter of 5. The Marriott brand is supposed to be better than this.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nukeprof
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had 3 guranteed concierge level rooms. When we arrived at 3 pm only one room was available and no rooms were available on the concierge level. Waited in bar for 2 hours to get a second room and no word from front desk staff as to when 3rd room would be available. After 3 hours of waiting we finally left and went to another hotel in town. We will never go back and may not ever go to another Marriott and will probably turn in our rapid rewards cards.

Room Tip: the word gurantee does not mean a thing to Marrio.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank twinborne
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I agree with the previous reviewer that the location doesn't allow for a comfortable walk to downtown due to the panhandlers and wanderers in the area. But the location is central to Macon and convenient to I-16. This hotel is connected to the Coliseum. The weekend was full of graduation ceremonies at the Coliseum so entry and exit to the hotel parking lot were a bit difficult during those times. As for the staff, they were all friendly and willing to try to help with any issue. The room and bed were comfortable. Towels and linens were good quality. Water pressure in bathroom sink and shower is restricted. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, mouthwash, and makeup remover provided. No magnifying mirror in bathroom. Reading lights attached to headboard came in handy as well as the multiple electrical outlets at the desk. No free internet in room or in lobby (cost $10/day). Free internet access via business center computers or concierge lounge. Breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant was a good value for $13.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor room near pool/fitness room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SWhite04
Tampa, FL
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Service was very good, I had a problem with my room and stopped at the desk on my way out for dinner, problem fixed when I returned. The room is clean enough, a lot of stains in the rug; I don't know why all hotels don't move to hard floors. The rooms are nothing special and look older than 2 years and why would they advertise a new lobby when the hotel is only two years old, they should make the rooms better.

The area is sketchy; no place to eat without driving and you wouldn't want to walk around in this area. I was told downtown was a nice place to eat and a couple of recommendations were made, I will not be going downtown again on my return, I was approached by 3 different panhandlers. Maybe because I am a female and was alone, I don't know but I wasn't comfortable at all. From what I have seen of Macon this is probably the best hotel in the town.

If you have a navigator plug in Bonefish Grill or Dillard's and you will be taken to a very nice upper scale shopping center with decent restaurant choices, the ride is about 15 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business