“Nice Clean marriott - good service”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Macon
OK
“Nice Clean marriott - good service”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I have stayed at this marriott twice before. I found the staff at check in to be friendly, the room is clean, well maintained.
I have help meeting using the meeting staff - they are all very helpful. We will return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The hotel is very nice, but room service isn't very well trained. I asked for the "Good Start" Breakfast, which includes a number of items. The girl on the phone had to be made to stay online long enough for me to run through the options with her; otherwise, who knows whether I would have gotten toast or a muffin; Rice Crispies or Total.
I made the mistake of choosing tea instead of coffee; though she asked "hot" tea and I said yes, the guy who got the order saw only tea on the ticket, and I received cold, super sweet iced tea for breakfast; hey, it is the South after all. I would have drunk it except for the super sweetness. On the phone I didn't mention the banana included and didn't receive one.
It's a nice-looking hotel, much nicer than most in Macon, but like most places in Macon, it requires you to drive to get to anything you want to see. However, make sure you are very specific with room service and prepare to make do with what you get.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL USA
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed there for 2 nights with my daughter and son-in-law last weekend. My daughter made the reservation on Priceline, but then called the hotel directly to request a room with 2 beds, and even called back the day before we arrived to be sure we could get a room with 2 beds, and was told on the phone, that it would be no problem. When we got there, they said they didn't have any left, so I had to book another room, or stay somewhere else, either way, an expense I had not counted on! If they didn't have any(big college sorority reunion booked the hotel that weekend), they should have just told her that up front, and we would have canceled and booked a room somewhere else. Also, I don't know why they call it the "City Center", because the only thing it's close to is the colosium. No restaurants or stores near by. They comp us a free breakfast at the buffet where they charge $11.00, but honestly, I wouldn't have paid $5.00 for it. Tasteless. We got there at 9:30, and it wasn't busy, but we still had to wait 15 mins, just to be "assigned" a table. We go get our food, and then have to wait another 15 mins, before we can get silverware to eat it with.
There are some good things: Hotel looks fairly new, very clean. Bed's are very comfortable, and there were some employees that did an excellent job, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank briansnana
detroit
Reviewed December 10, 2010

This is not your average Marriott. It makes sence to me know seeing another post stateing that this is a franchise .I recieved the worst service ever, besides the poor location,It is near down town but you would have to drive if you didnt want to get mugged but theres not much down town unless you want to get soemthing to eat or get drunk at a local watering hole. I tried to eat inhouse but no one seemed to have cared that I wanted to sit down and eat, so I walked out .Go elsewere, dont waste your money here you will n ot get top notch marriott treatment. I will say that the property itself is very nice. .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank itsallbuisness
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 27, 2010

The hotel is in a great location in Macon. It's right downtown but it's not walking distance to the theatre or the other restaurants.

The room is what you would expect from a Marriott... very nice amenities and lots of attention to detail with the layout of the room.

The customer service was just pretty mediocre... I think that they may have some management issues. My husband and I came in for a night from out of town. We had bee driving a ways and called the hotel right before arriving to see if the hotel restaurant and bar were open and what the menu was like. It took 10 rings for someone at the front desk to answer and when she did she was absolutely not helpful. I asked her to tell me about the restaurant and her answer was "hold on" and she transferred me to a number that no one answered. We ended up going out to a restaurant instead of eating at the hotel.

The bathroom was not very clean (the shower). I could see the "footprint" of a shower shoe inside the shower and the tile walls did not look clean inside the bathroom.

Overall, the staff have an attitude and seem very lazy. It's really quite a shame because the hotel itself is very nice and one of the few decent places to stay in the area.

I hope that this issue gets taken care of.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I recently travelled to Macon and chose the hotel due to its "newness". The building appears to be brand new. I would almost guess that no one has ever stayed in my room before.

I had no problems with check-in, room, service; however, I had no special requests either.

I would recommend this hotel; however if you are expecting "white glove" service go somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Our 2 night stay at this Marriott hotel was very comfortable. The location was convenient to downtown although a vehicle is required, the hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. There was ample parking, the area was well lit and safe. The bar area was inviting and the pool suited our two young boys.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family