“Thanksgiving travel with 2 large dogs”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Macon
sarasota, United States
“Thanksgiving travel with 2 large dogs”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were visiting family for thre holidays, and always travel with our 2 golden retrievers, this hotel was very cleen and on our travel route. This is the 2nd time we stayed in this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who travels with their dogs!! Don't know about the breakfast as we wanted to get on the road and eat later on. If you are traveling with dogs, I would highly reccomend any LaQuinta as all of them I've stayed in have been very clean with friendly staff!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Vicki W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Not planning a return to this site, EVER!
Arrival begins with do you have a dog ? I said yes a Maltese. I then am given a full page Pet Policy form that outlines how I must keep my dog leased at all time (which is norm and all traveling owners know).

But the item that caught my attention- dogs are not allowed in the lobby or any of the common areas other than to go and come from ones room. Really??? Can't sit and chill in lobby ? Nope.

This is La Quinta they are all pet-friendly it's their motto. Can someone inform this owner that they need to get into another chain? The staff is prissy and standoffish too. Mind you my dog weighs 6 pds and is fully crate trained and only barks when greeting another dog.

Now one would expect the room to be impeccable with those kind of standards, right? Nope. Found hair on the bathroom floor.

Then stingy is the other issue. I asked for an extra shampoo since I forgot mine at home. The young lady who checked us in duly informed me there was enough in the room already.

I asked, is there more than one? Was told one is norm. I asked again if I could have another bottle for my husband likes his own. She gave me one bottle with a smirk!

Then in the morning, the waffle maker usually has a bottle of non-stick spray and a plastic large fork to grab the completed waffle. I looked for both and neither were found. So I make my waffle it beeps and I start struggling with my plastic little fork to get my waffle off the waffle maker.

The attendant working the breakfast comes over and offers to assist me. She grabs a plastic fork and peels a portion of my waffle off. I asked her don't you have the non-stick spray and the cooking fork? She says no.

I take my waffle, toss it out and end up having oatmeal. As I sit and eat my oatmeal, a group of preteens arrive to make waffles. Seems the family were friendly with the front-desk operations assistant manager. The manager promptly goes to the back kitchen comes out with the non-stock spray and makes the girls waffles!?!? What's up with that???

I then go to checkout and that front end operations manager who was eating in the dining area bellows out to me as she walks towards me, are you checking out ? To which I respond yes and request a bill. She responds didn't you already get one dropped off? I respond need one with a zero balance. She informs me they don't normally provide that. I asked for mine and left in disgust.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank scbleo
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We always stay at LaQuinta because they are pet friendly. I dont think this hotel is as well kept as others we have stayed at. The ac in our room did not work, we found a small dog poop on the floor when we went into room and an old plate of food was left in the microwave. Next time we will stay at the other LaQuinta in Macon which was alot nicer.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Ranquin101
Zephyrhills, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very satisfied with LA Quinta. We have stayed at LA Quinta many times over the last three years and have enjoyed the breakfast , the beds and the rooms in general. Along with the friendly smiles at the desk when we come in and when we leave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a tough review for me to write. I was holding off hoping I could report resolution to our complains, but...It's been 6 weeks since our stay. I try to give benefit of the doubt in situations, but really!?

We were told, finally about 3 weeks ago, that we would be compensated for our unfortunate experience here. We have yet to see that compensation, which was discussed to be a cash credit and is ending up, supposedly, to be points for a free night. If we ever see that! Three emails with no replies for weeks, still zero correspondence with the GM, just the assistant who has to run everything by the GM, who is apparently never in, gone for a week at a time, etc. Then they supposedly credited a non existent account because there were two names on the email, even though they had the reservation with the LaQ Returns account on hand. It's just ridiculous and explains why we had problems to begin with....

When we arrived in our room, we saw loose dirt on one bed; since they leave the bed covers turned down leaving the top of the sheet exposed, we chose to sleep in the other bed. Later, upon retiring and getting in the second bed we quickly found there was a strong smell of cologne on the bed spread and perhaps the sheet. In disgust we flipped the ends of the bedding to put the smell at the bottom and tried to sleep.

About 3 am, we woke up hearing several intermittent slams of a door. We were awakened by this 4-5 times in an hour, followed by verbal fighting at 4:30 ish. We could not determine for sure the room that was the source of the noise or we would have called the desk.

There were other things about the room that could have been cleaner: spots and run marks on bathroom walls, coffee splatter on coffee pot, a hair in tub, pink mold stain on shower curtain. I suggested that management try sitting on the toilet to observe bathroom cleanliness as it's the vantage point of guests! To top it off, there was no coffee at 8:30 am and no one near the kitchen either.

This hotel is located in a strange spot with some run down and closed businesses close by. Other things are available down the street.

Note: we stayed here last year with our animals, and while I remember the bathroom not being as clean as it could be, it was okay then. We won't stop here again, however. I don't understand how a place can be managed when management is never on site, no management was there to complain to the morning we left. Six weeks trying to get resolution exemplifies the lack of active management at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank HersheyCoco
Naples, Fl
Reviewed October 27, 2013

An excellent, and for a mid range hotel, almost extravagant. The hotel is fairly new. Our king size room was quite large with a separate sitting area. Hotel itself is quite spacious with many amenities; large indoor pool, large workout room, Laundry room etc. Food is the ususal type of a mid range hotel, but seemed a bit bette than most, and the coffee was quite good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family