“Very nice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Let me start by saying, I NEVER stay at La Quinta hotels...if you look at most of my reviews they are for 5 star hotels worldwide. I stayed here because I was just too tired to drive any farther, it was winter and I had to pull over to sleep. I saw a billboard on the side of the road that said BRAND NEW La Quinta. I was AMAZED at this hotel. I got a suite for $99 and it was huge, clean and beautiful. Flat Screen TV in the bedroom and living room, granite counter tops in the bathroom. Nice furnishings. Comfortable bed. That was two years ago. Last month when I was driving up to NY, I intentionally chose this hotel as my stopping point. Same suite, same price. The room was still in great condition. (The only complaint I have is pillows were like concrete the second time, too many washings or something...we still joke about the concrete pillows!!! ....but I would stay there again (until it gets run down). I have surfed the web and looked at other La Quinta room pictures at their various hotels, new and otherwise, and this place is an ANOMALY .... there is no other La Quinta in the USA like this. It is 4 star quality. Hopefully the managment and staff will keep this hotel looking good. It really is amazing.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2ChildrenOfTheWorld

Reviewed January 29, 2012

After such a welcoming positive experience at the LaQuinta in Valdosta I was expecting the same here in Macon, but did not get it. I don't consider a $50 per pet charge a Pet Friendly hotel. Was told this hotel is privately owned so don't have the same rules as other LaQuinta's. That's fine, we moved on to another hotel.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LucyandSophiesMom
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very clean and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Beds were very comfortable. There is a small area for walking the dog at one end of the hotel which was very handy and complete with bags for cleaning up after your pet. Highly recommend this location

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This was our 2nd trip to this hotel, and even booked it ahead of time since it was such a good experience the first time. Large pets are welcome (we have a labrador), and they manage to keep the hotel VERY clean and up to date. It's a great place to stop on a long drive.

Free breakfast is included-cereal, fruit, juice, biscuits, hard boiled eggs, etc. Enough to re-charge and get on your way the next morning. We'll definitely stop here again on our next long drive.

Rates are great too-if you sign up to receive their emails, you'll be notified when they have discounts. We got 15% off the rate by booking ahead of time-even better than the AAA rate.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the stairs when staying with pets.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Even though it seemed to be a newer hotel, the towels looked very worn and frayed. Otherwise the rooms were clean and quiet, beds comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. Will stay again if we need a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Picked this hotel out based on location and pet acceptance on recent trip from Florida to Nort Carolina. The location is very convenient and hotel is fairly new and very clean. The two room suites make for a comfortable and roomy stay. My wife was also impressed with the beds. Breakfast offerings were fairly standard but OK and the hotel is near a number of restaurant option. My one gripe is that I selected this as a pet-friendly hotel; however, the web site for the hotel did not disclose their fairly restrictive policies on weight limits and extra charges. I've stayed at La Quintas and had never experienced these policies before. Not a huge deal as long as they are clearly disclosed up front. Otherwise, a perfectly acceptable choice for a stopover stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the rear of the hotel have direct access to dog walk.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We usually stay at high end resorts; so, our standards are high. With two small children, we had to break a long drive into two days. The La Quinta on 475 was the perfect choice. Inside room doors (wife demand), sweet double queen beds quiet rooms, nice water pressure, plenty of food at the free breakfast, and very friendly staff. Thanks, Jamica. The only suggestion I would make is to pick up some instant Starbucks if your a coffee snob. The nearest good cup of coffee is 10 miles away.

• Stayed: November 2011