“A simulated earthquake experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macon North
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Nashville
“A simulated earthquake experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I hate to give a poor rating to a hotel that is new, clean, the staff nice, and the location very convenient, but ultimately if you cannot sleep, it's not going to be a place you would recommend to others. In a word .... TRAINS. All night, at least one every couple of hours throughout the evening, and they darn near pass right through the room. If you've seen the movie "My Cousin Vinnie" depicting the experience of staying in a hotel next to a train track ... it's like that. Really. If anyone tells you they don't have earthquakes in middle Georgia, they haven't stayed at this hotel. Another grievance: The air conditioning in my room would not stay at the temperature I had selected and periodically reset to a higher temperature. Presumably this is to save the hotel money on utilities, perhaps? On those rare occasions when I drifted off to sleep between trains, I was awakened because the room was hot. This hotel would be mostly OK, but for the location. In it's present situation, it would better suited as a medical facility for coma victims, because they would be the only ones capable of sleeping here, and even then I'm not sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macon North, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for providing a review for our hotel.

We apologize for the experience you had regarding the trains in the area. We have notified management about the reoccurring issues and to start informing the guest about the trains.

We would like to invite you back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean but there are LOUD Trains that shake the building all night long! Funny thing is the lady checking in in front of me joked about a train and the lady assured her there wasn't a train problem. We counted nine from midnight to 8 am.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel.

We apologize for the experience you had regarding the noises of the trains. We have notified management to start informing their guests about the trains noises and shaking of the building.

We would really like to invite you back to our hotel in the near future.
Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in Macon for a convention on October 15-17. We stayed in a standard room with 2 Queens on the 4th floor. The room was nice and very clean. The hotel seemed very well kept up but I did notice that a little cleaning and cosmetic work on the walls was required on the hallways. Front Desk clerk Elise was very nice, helpful, and had a great smile. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The only disadvantage I saw was the road construction in the area was horrendous. If you have somewhere to be give yourself time because if you don't traffic will hold you up especially in the morning and afternoon. Also, the hotel is within a reasonable distance from many restaurants, downtown, Bass Pro Shops, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at many Country Inn and Suites and I can honestly say this was a horrible experience from beginning until the end.

We decided to combine a business trip with pleasure since my son was out of school for fall break. He loves to swim so we decided to take off early from work and come down the night before so he could swim. I went online and researched the pools for the best hotel to stay at.

There was a wreck on the interstate so our arrival was much later than anticipated.upon arrival, the front desk clerk was very friendlyy and polite. My son was super excited when she said the pool was open until midnight.
we immediately got into our room. It was very neat, clean and smelled very good. Room looked nearly new. Hotel was very clean and neat upon arrival also. We all put on our swim suites and headed for the pool and hot tub.

When we opened the door, the area was neat and clean with a nice sized pool. The hot tub had big cution tape around it. We walked over to the hot tub and there were pieces out where it was broken. We got into the pool and the heated pool was absolutely freezing. My sons teeth were chattering. My husband stayed in for a few minutes and said it was cold enough to make them sick. You could imagine the disappointment from my son because this was the whole entire reason we came down early and got a room. I went to the front desk and explained to the clerk this was the whole reason for our trip. She kindly told me she was sorry and would leave a note.

I went back to the room to change.

I came back down to use the business center. A man and woman came down with something wrapped up in a paper towel. They had found a roach in their room. The man wanted to be moved to another handicapp room. Apparently one was not available. She told him she was sorry too. He left a very unhappy person as well.

Someone checked into the room beside us about 130access am. They took showers and kept us up until after 4 A.M.

Around 7 A.M., the firealarm went off. Scared us to death. Grabbed our son and our keys and ran out of the room in our pajamas. The alarm quit. Welooked around and no smoke and no signs of fire. Went back to our room. Over the next 30round minutes, the fire alarm went off a total of 8the times.

We finally laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. Guess who opens the door...the maid. Wanting go clean he room before 8 A.M. really???? Are you kidding me? Check out was at noon. I then got up and was pretty mad at this point. Gt my clothes together and went to breakfast.

The breakfast was okay. Cereal, sausage, eggs and waffles. No fresh fruit except apples.

Got our things together and checked out. I purposely waited for a person to check me out to see if they asked me how my stay was or appoligized for the 3pool ring circus this morning. She took my room keys and gave me my receipt. No how was your night, how was your room, sorry for the fire alarm hour at dawn or anything.

I can honestly say this was one of the worst hotel experiences in my life. Especially since the room was nice and clean. This hotel should have given every person there a discount or a free night back for their horrible experiences.

Will never ever stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank FrankieHawn
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed there September 23, 2012. We were on our way home from the class reunion in Somerset, KY. We have stayed in very nice Country Inn & Suites in the past year and I have to tell you this one was the best. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room on the second floor was so clean, we think we could have eaten off the bathroom floor. We loved the use of the thermostat on the wall, kept the a/c unit from just running all the time. We will definitely stay there again on our trips north and back again.

Our only problem was the pillows and we will make sure we talk to the staff when we stay at another Country Inn to see what our problem was with them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank skrobert
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Overall our stay was great. We stayed in their one and only jacuzzi room. This room was clean and really nice. The jacuzzi was awesome big rectangular. We did hear train once but it wasnt something that woke us. For the most part staff was friendly and helpful. The main areas were clean and no issues. Room did smell like bug spray at first but it aired out after while. Hot tub was great, hot with water smelling of chlorine. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
loganville, ga
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed there on July 13 and 14 for a convention and we thought it was pretty good for the price and the convinience of all the restaurants, hwys, gas and stores., but when we received our credit card statement they had charged us for and extra night., and there were also in the same statement right after that date two fraudulent charges of purchases made to singular for phones purchased.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business