I hate to give a poor rating to a hotel that is new, clean, the staff nice, and the location very convenient, but ultimately if you cannot sleep, it's not going to be a place you would recommend to others. In a word .... TRAINS. All night, at least one every couple of hours throughout the evening, and they darn near pass right through the room. If you've seen the movie "My Cousin Vinnie" depicting the experience of staying in a hotel next to a train track ... it's like that. Really. If anyone tells you they don't have earthquakes in middle Georgia, they haven't stayed at this hotel. Another grievance: The air conditioning in my room would not stay at the temperature I had selected and periodically reset to a higher temperature. Presumably this is to save the hotel money on utilities, perhaps? On those rare occasions when I drifted off to sleep between trains, I was awakened because the room was hot. This hotel would be mostly OK, but for the location. In it's present situation, it would better suited as a medical facility for coma victims, because they would be the only ones capable of sleeping here, and even then I'm not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easy access to I 75. Variety of dining places within walking distance. Conference rooms available for all occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macon North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Macon North
- Country Inn & Suites Macon North Hotel Macon