“Overnight”

Sleep Inn
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Macon
“Overnight”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed overnight for business - the room had a kind of musty smell and there was definitely evidence of ceiling repair. The furnishings and linens were nice and in good condition. The breakfast was average fare and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
sleepinnnorth723, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. We are in the planning stages and we are taking large steps to enhance our property. Your satisfaction is important to us. I kindly invite you to reach out to me to discuss any more pros and/or cons you may have with our hotel. Your review has been shared with our staff. We want you to know that we take quality of service very seriously. I apologize that aspects of your stay were rough, but note that we will work to make sure that all future guests will have a great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

What has happened to this hotel?
I have been here 2 other times and had a wonderful stay.
The room 134 must be the worst room I have ever stayed in in the last 2 years.
Have the room the carpeting is wet. The room is rank of mildew and mold.
The unfortunate thing is it was the last smoking room they had available.
The most unfortunate thing is that they even rent the room out.
Are used almost a whole can of Lysol Just to make the smell go away and try and keep myself from getting sick.
I still believe in this hotel but not in room 134!
No other rooms so short of moving to a different hotel I am here for the night.
But tonight in this room only...

Room Tip: Any room but 134!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray S
sleepinnnorth723, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Mr. Ray, I am really sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us was not satisfactory. We have taken immediate action to see that this room be not rented until it is acceptable to do so. I would like to make things right, please contact me at gm.ga723@choicehotels.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel seemed to be updated for the most part except for the outdated shower door and frame,which looked not as updated as the rest of the room. The bed was comfortable. There was a flat screen tv and the breakfast was scrambled eggs,sausage,waffles,cerial,fruit,etc.Did not use the pool.Overall not a bad place to stay for $55.00.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard R
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you for taking the time to write this review as it helps us improve our hotel to keep our guests satisfied.
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I found the Sleep Inn in Macon Georgia to be one of the better stops I have made in the last 8 months of travel. Was it the Taj Mahal, No, But was it a great value, comfortable, clean, friendly, and relaxing? YES!
The beds were excellent, the shower was VERY hot and relaxing... A cozy, clean, relaxing environment is all I request of my loging. Funny how some people want more for less. I was greeted pleasantly when I made my reservations over the phone, I was greeted pleasantly leave when I checked in, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms are.
My job has a traveling most of the time, and I have stayed in some not so pleasant places. I will say that this Sleep Inn, in Macon Georgia, is a great place to rest your head... be it for a day or week. I will be back...

Room Tip: A queen sweet is perfect for a business traveler...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray S
Dear Mr. Ray,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Sleep Inn guest satisfaction is our main goal. Thank you for taking the time to write us this review we greatly appreciate it.
Sarnia, Ontario
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the way down to Florida. When I was back from my vacation I checked my credit card and it had been billed twice and both amounts were incorrect. I was totally ripped off by the "nice girl" at the counter who repeatedly kept telling my husband and I how nice we were...so nice she scammed us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Please let me apologize for this misunderstanding that occurred on your previous stay with us regarding a billing issue. I would like to make things right and hope you can give us another chance. Please contact me at gm.ga723@choicehotels.com, I look forward to hearing from you.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel was a one night rest stop for us. We got a late start for our destination and decided to stop for the night without reservations or reviews, I seldom do this. Let me start with what was good about this property. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the night clerk, and greeted us with a smile. The room was clean enough, could have been cleaner, but I didn't fear picking up any serious germs or health threats and found the bedding to be clean. The breakfast was very basic but adequate. The hotel was not crowded which was likely a good thing as the breakfast area looks to have been an afterthought and will not seat more than 16 people at a time and they ran out of coffee as it was.
On the down side, the room was SMALL, very small and the bathroom barely more than a cubby and a shower only. I don't mind showers only but I do prefer I not feel closed into a capsule. By far the worst thing about our room was the bed. When you sat on it, it bounced like a trampoline, the odd part is, once you lie down it is hard and unforgiving. I am still not certain how this is possible but I found sleep all but impossible as I could not get comfortable.
We paid a little over sixty with tax. Had it not been for the bed and tight quarters I would say that it was worth it but it fell just a little short of being a good value.

Room Tip: If you are older or have any disabilities you will want an accessible room for ease of movement.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank bookwormwendy
sleepinnnorth723, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Hotel is under new management.
tn
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The negative FAR outweigh the positives-
1- dark stains on the mattress- you can see them through the sheets.
2- the shower didn't get very hot. You might be able to call it warm.
3- breakfast is VERY basic- probably not much there you'd like- toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and waffles.

4- NO SLEEP POSSIBLE FOR ALL EVEN NUMBERED ROOMS! why? the hotel has opted to place huge spotlights in the parking lot. At 1:00 A.M., I was able to fully see the contents of my room- I managed to find things in my cosmetic bag, find a particular drink in our cooler- all without turning on a light. The amount of light in the room was absolutely astounding. in order to sleep, I tied a shirt around my eyes with a ponytail holder. I shouldn't have to do this.

I WON'T be staying here again, nor would I recommend it. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, ask for an odd numbered room. The even rooms face the parking lot with the ma...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jellybean641
Hotel is under new management