“Fabulous value”

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Ottawa
“Fabulous value”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Excellent hotel. Great access from the I-95. Room was enormous. Great experience!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H199

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed March 21, 2010

First off, the room was very nice and clean, as was the rest of the hotel. We had a studio suite with a king size bed. Very nice for the price ($89 for a Sat night). Would stay again based on that. BUT, there were a couple of things that didn't go well that you may want to consider.
One thing was the bedding. Not sure how sheets and pillows can be "noisy", but they were. Not sure what the material was, but when you move around in the bed, there's a lot of "whish-whoosh" going on. (I know you're laughing now.) Perhaps we wouldn't have been so conscious of it if we didn't have our 2 young kids with us and trying not to wake them.
The other thing was the breakfast. The food was pretty good, but it was apparent that they had not planned appropriately for the number of people. When we arrived 40 min before the end of the breakfast, the food, silverware, and plates were scarce. They replenished frantically but with the number of people there, none of it lasted long. I'll add that I don't have much of an expectation of hotel breakfasts simply because what I have described is typical, and it's just not by preference.
Lastly, we were given a handicapped room, which was fine, except that there was only a shower and no tub. Our kids normally take baths, so that was a minus for us. We didn't really realize till the morning when it was too late. So the lesson is simply to inquire what type of room you're getting when checking in. (I booked on-line and had not requested a handicapped room.)
Having said all of that, I reiterate that the room and hotel was very nice and clean. I would recommend it as a clean & nice place, but just be aware of what we experienced. Hopefully yours will be better. (And maybe next time we'll leave the kids at home! Ha!)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee
Reviewed March 17, 2010

GREAT hotel. Was in town for business (travelling with family) and this place was the gem of our travels. The rooms were spacious - big enough for the kids to play hide-and-seek in! They have full kitchens w/ dishwashers, range, fridge, etc. - it made a great retreat for my family to hang out at while I worked a few miles away.

The breakfast blows away any of the traditional "Continental Breakfasts" you see at other lodging facilities - and a LOT of good hot food is provided, even sausages, potatoes, etc.

Only problem we had was getting a luggage cart. With a family of five, one is almost a necessity - but there were none available for us the evening we checked in late. Front desk told us that the people must be keeping them in their rooms - but that didn't help us out one bit (being on the third floor). It took my wife (I had injured myself the day before) about an hour to bring stuff up to the room - and a cart was NEVER available during that time. The hotel does need to provide more luggage carts to the guests or get better controll of who has them and who is not returning them to the lobby.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice nights sleep, a good breakfast, and clean environment.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for one night while in Macon visiting our son. The rooms were spacious and the breakfast was very good and had a nice selection of hot items. The only thing I wish they would do is add a card or page in their directory for a list of TV channels.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeachBelle8288
Georgia
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I recently stayed with them as they hosted a 3 day training for my employer, American General Life & Accident. I could not have been more impressed with every member of the staff. The rooms were perfect, the food was great, and I've not been made to feel as welcome in a hotel in a long time. They made time away from home alot more bearable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rickypatrick
Clearwater
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Based on reviews in Trip Advisor we stayed at this very new Homewood Suites in Macon, GA., on our return trip to Florida. It was everything that reviewers said it was however, I needed a disabled room and thought that anyone who also needs one should ask some questions when at the desk. I was in a leg cast and using a cane so my disability was pretty obvious. We were given a beautiful disable suite but it was at the opposite end of the hotel from the lobby (where a good hot breakfast is served), The disabled parking at that end of the hotel was not in an area that was accessible without climbing stairs nor was it near the elevator. Strike One! We moved the car to a regular parking area further down to an entrance that was near the elevator but there were still three stairs to climb. Strike Two! When we reached our floor the suite was at the very farthest end of the corridor; past at least 20 more rooms. Strike Three! I'm not sure who designed this place but if I had been in a wheelchair it would have been impossible to get to this room without parking at the lobby and going approximately the length of a football field (no kidding!) through the hotel, to the room. Considering there were about 20 other rooms occupied the night we were there it didn't make any sense to send us all the way around. By the time we found the room we were tired so didn't complain to the hotel. Just make sure you ask for a disabled room NEAR the main lobby! Otherwise, the hotel is lovely, clean and new. Area is a little isolated so other than a restaurant across the street, good food would be a drive.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2009

What a great Hotel. Brand new and plush. Amazing pool. They have fairly new release movies at the front desk loaned for free to watch in your room DVD. Can't say enough good things about it.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple