“Quality on a slide”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I have previously reviewed this property, giving it a glowing 5-star review. However, on my most recent visit, I was aware of service and maintenance issues that need attention.

On our first morning, the breakfast was just unappealing. Eggs that smelled strongly, Canadian bacon swimming in greasy water, and biscuits heavily coated with artificial butter were jus a turn-off! I have eaten several breakfasts there previously that served simply prepared tasty food.
Housekeeping service was erratic; something was missing each day--one day it was a bath mat and washcloths; on another, our used waster glasses were removed with no replacement. When we opened the cutlery drawer, there was a heavily-encrusted knife in the drawer(peanut butter). The dishwasher had not been emptied from the previous guests, and there was hair in the bathtub.
I like the location because it works for me. I really don't feel safe in many areas of Macon, so I selected this property.
However, it is no longer shining new and maintenance is absolutely essential!
The staff are friendly and accommodating, and I hope management will do what is necessary to maintain the property.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mambolimo
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to Trip Advisor. I will personally look into the problems that you mentiond and will also review all training procedures with our staff.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Homewood Suites had everything we needed including a full kitchen. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of selections. The location is perfect for people traveling to and from Florida.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us on your way to flordia. We hope you have an opportunity to return for a visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very Clean, comfortable, and staff friendly. Would recommend for any stay. I was place in a suite with a full kitchen which was a pleasant surprise although I was only there for overnight, this would be a great place for someone staying for several days or week on a business trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city. We appreciate the time you spent responding to Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you when you return to Macon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are so clean and spacious with a full size kitchen, eating area, desk and ergonomic chair, sitting area, and lovely bathroom. The breakfast is great. Besides the usual choices of cereal, juices, etc., there's scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, grits and homemade muffins. Best breakfast ever. Most nights there is also a manager's reception which is a full dinner. It is so nice not to have to drive somewhere and wait for your order. It's almost like your mom is taking care of you again! Whenever we're in Macon, this is always where we'll stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Mom's are the greatest, how wonderful to be compared to MOM!!! THANK YOU for your response on TripAdvisor. So happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner. We hope you return to Macon sooner than later.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is AWESOME and anytime we are traveling this route I will try to be here at the end of the day! We were traveling home to florida after a funeral "up" north and was heading south on 75 when they were predicting the great winter freeze. We called and reserved a suite and I can't say enough how they were so helpful to us. It was middle of the week and dinner was being served. Horrible weather and we didn't have to leave we got a relaxing dinner served hotter then most restaurants can do these days. Bed was perfect, shower had great pressure and the separation of bedroom and living room made me hope for the closure of I-75 so we could have stayed another day!! Stay here you won't be sorry!!

Stayed: February 2014

It doesn't get much better than "AWESOME". It's always great to hear when we can make our guest happy. So sorry to hear that you were traveling because of a funeral and that the weather was terrible. We hope during your next visit, you will be able to return to Macon and enjoy our beauitful city.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

From check-in to check-out, this place is great!! I was welcomed with a personal, handwritten note from the manager. Then upon arriving in my room, I was greeted by another note, a package of cookies and two cold bottles of water. The evening reception was amazing! Excellent food! Breakfast was even better! So many choices. The staff really goes above and beyond! The only suggestion I would make is to possibly offer another selection or two of wine at the evening reception. I know where I will be trying to stay in the future when work brings me to the Macon area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Wonderful to hear that you have enjoyed our dinners and breakfast. Thank you for chosing our property as your home while traveling for work. I have personnaly looked into the wine selections and was able to order different selections. Each evening we will serve a red and a white wine. Hope I find one that you enjoy. thank you for your response on TripAdvisor

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Suite was clean and very comfortable. Will stay again on our way back to and from Florida. We were very happy with the comfort of the suite and convenience of the kitchenette. This will be our home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for chosing our property while traveling. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We will look forwarad to having you on your next trip. We do appreciate you responding to TripAdvisor. Enjoy your day.