“interesting evening, but nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North

Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Macon
West PalmBeach, FL
“interesting evening, but nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was debating whether to write anything, as this is a very nice HomewoodD Suites, and if you need a spot in Macon with two rooms, by all means stay.

I figured I would write this as this is first time ever I was at hotel and entiire hotel lost power!! It was not the hotel's fault, they lost power and parking area around 11:30PM, for a couple hours.

Probably would have slept thru it but for the fact folks above were noisy (and I do blame hotel for that), and woke me, thus the reason Im wriitng and knocking them down just a bit.
I have been gold memeber for a while, the hotel was not filled, and given my profile, was not happy they put someone above me, between their walking/running and power, not a good way to start your second day of trip, getting up at 6:00am and not being able to sleep until after 1:30...
neverthelss, the staff there that night did their best, and reality is, not much they could do, and I realize plenty of folks in my spot too.

My only gripe is when you ask for quiet room, off road,e tc, and they put you under someone.. Thus my knock on folks who signed me in, but kudos to the two ladies who were there during power outage trying best to keep all happy.

Oh well, worth a visit otherwise,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our city.
Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay at our property. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss this with you and handling it to your satisfaction.

Also, thank you for your kind words of how the front desk handled the power outage with the car accident. We strive to always make our guest feel at home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I called this hotel my home for 4 months. I couldn't recommend a better hotel or staff. The breakfasts were always great and the Managers Reception food was always quality and very good. I always felt safe and welcome. This hotel is named appropriately as "Home" wood. This is a great hotel for business travelers, couples and families.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The facilities are wonderful and the staff is GREAT. The staff has a very pleasant and wonderful attitude. The staff at the hotel is always willing to help and make your stay more comfortable. The location of the hotel is out of the hussle of the downtown area making it very quiet and pleasant during the evening hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I experienced 2 problems on this trip. For left-leaning liberals, be aware that Hilton in at least some southern hotels seems to be scrambling MSNBC. I experienced this at 2 Hiltons in 2 weeks. You can, however, keep up with the folks at Fox. The beds have feather coverlet and pillows... quite luxurious... unless you don't like feather pillows. It took 3 requests over 2 days for them to provide me a non-feather pillow. I was dissatisfied with this service and other than apologizing each time I made this request they did nothing to try to make it right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Lydia P
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have family and business in Macon and have stayed at several different hotels in the area over the years but non compare to the Homewood Suites! This place is clean every time we stay there and the employees are very pleasant. Other hotels were so noisy we could not get a good night's sleep but this place was very quiet even though there were a lot of occupied rooms on our floor. It is located close to the interstate and food and other services necessary for us are closely located as well. Breakfast is free for guests every morning which makes it nice to roll out and not have to travel before coffee! This is our go to hotel from here on out and we do make several trips from Florida to Macon every year. You will totally have a pleasant stay here!

Rome, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall quality and cleanliness each and every time I've stayed there. I travel every day for work and see it all. This is a great place to stay. Staff and Management are super and I encourage you to get to know any of them! Other hotels should take notes from this place! Great area for shopping and food also if you don't want the dinner buffet provided.

South Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We came to Macon to attend our grandson's baseball game. We were thrilled with Homewood Suites. We had a one bedroom suite with two TV's & two a.c.'s. We also had a full kitchen which we didn't use, but we did use the ice maker in the frig. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We'd like to return on a week day to partake in the evening festivities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple