“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Clearwater, Florida
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at this place on our way to and from Chattanooga. Excellent! Comfortable room, separate bedroom so kids could have their own space and so could we. Breakfast included, and dinner on some nights as well.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor both times. No noise from hall or upstairs. AC and fridge quiet. Rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
June,
Thank you for chosing Homewood Suites Macon during your trip to Chattanoogna. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I, too, do love the one bedroom suites when you have children. It's nice to have an extra television to watch your own shows. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our meals.
We hope to see you again in the future. Please let me know when you arrival, so that I have a chance to meet you.

Happy Holidays, enjoy your family!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Macon Homewood Suites for the past 2 years on our way to Florida. Needless to say - never a disappointment! The hotel is located just off I-75 (don't take the bypass) but you don't experience any of the interstate traffic noise. The rooms are extremely comfortable - we were in a 2 queen suite - and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us.

The living room contains a nice sofa that converts to a sleeper, coffee table, 32" flat screen on top of a small "chest of drawers", and an overstuffed chair. There is a small work desk as well. The kitchen area has a full sized refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, and microwave. All utensils, including pots & pans are there too. A coffee maker & toaster round out the kitchen. And if you're there Sunday thru Thursday, they furnish a manager's special for dinner.

The hot breakfast is second to none. You have scrambled eggs with cheese, breakfast potatoes, bacon & sausage, biscuits, toast, bagels, muffins, waffles & grits. I think I must've overlooked the gravy for the biscuits but am sure it was there. They also have oatmeal with all the trimmings, and an assortment of yogurts, fresh fruit & cereals. Juices, coffee & milk (both chocolate & white) are there as well. Very nice breakfast all included in the rate. And the seating area is spacious & kept very clean.

There is a small shopping area across the street with a Publix Grocery should you find you left any toiletries behind. An Italian restaurant is next door and a Mexican restaurant is across the street - both within easy walking distance and the neighborhood is safe. And for those guys that like the Bass Pro Shops, there is one located on the other side of the interstate-you can't walk to it but we spent a couple of hours there as well.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• 5 of 5 stars
cathyGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your great response of "Perfection" We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visits to Macon. We hope that you will return again next year. If you do, please make sure you ask for me. I would like the opportunity to meet you.

Have a very safe and Happy Holiday Season!
Kane, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Homewood Suites in Macon was wonderful! After a longer than expected day on the road traveling from Chicago to FL (truck explosion with hazardous materials caused massive delay) we arrived at the Homewood suites tired, stressed and ready for sleep!!!!! The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful and upgraded us to a larger room at no cost. We made our way to our room, wow, not what I was expecting at all. The room was pretty had a nice sitting area, kitchen, and a great bedroom with a king size bed, high ceilings and a ceiling fan! The bathroom was clean and nice, and had a real shower that had great water pressure and was positioned high enough that a taller person could actually take a nice shower. I couldn't wait to wash the day and the road away! Needless to say we all fell right to sleep, no noise, very cozy and comfortable. The beds were great, even the sofa bed was wonderful! Then came 8am...yummmmm, I smell yummmmmy goodness. Breakfast! I haven't been awakened by the smells of yummy breakfast since I lived at home with my parents, could it be biscuits and gravy...no way....YES, it was BISCUITS AND GRAVY (not as good as moms, but still) and eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, fruit, waffles, toast and much more! This a great place with a wonderful and caring staff! Beautiful property and rooms! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey T
Tracey,
Thank you for such a great review! I am sorry to hear that you had such a long trip with traffic.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Macon and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Although, nothing can be better thans Moms cooking. I have to agree with you on that.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to the South
Happy Holidays!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am staying at this property as I write this review. I am extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay, and I"m a veteran in the hospitality business I have stayed in many, many hotels; when I state that this hotel has shown levels of hospitality to be "above and beyond" the words come with a very experienced viewpoint.
Check in was quick, friendly and personable. A lovely touch that the hotel offers is a lending library of family friendly DVDs to compliment the DVD players in every room. Popcorn is in the room waiting! We were tired from a long drive and it was so nice to have some popcorn and a hot tea and see a good movie while we unwound. Did I mention that hubby wanted his own popcorn and the housekeeper cheerfully gave us a second bag. I need to do some laundry and when I went over to the guest laundry room it was equipped with cushioned chairs to sit in if one wished, while doing laundry. Simple touches that make such a difference!! When we thought we should probably work out a bit to compensate for the extra popcorn we were happily surprised to note that not only does this hotel offer a nice work-out room, but that guests of the hotel can work out at the nearby health club when they present their room key!!
Soon afterward (at 5 pm) we went downstairs for the dinner reception offered at Homewood Suites Mon-Thurs. evenings. Wow!! The lasagna and bread-sticks and vegetables were soooo good!! And then a super duper extra bonus delight for me (a soy-allergy afflicted person)-so many salad dressing choices and including a great soy-free vinaigrette!! Yay, I got to have salad with dressing for a change :)
Cathy, the general manager of this property, is a wonderful person and an absolute ambassador for Hilton. Her friendliness was so genuine and so warm that I felt like we became friends in the space of our short chat. She is a gem!! My husband and I also were pleased with Tony's pleasant, efficient and friendly service at dinnertime. I hope everyone who reads these reviews will take time to think about tipping at a complimentary meal, as the server still provides his attention to the folks dining!!
I notice almost everything about hotels where I stay because hospitality has been my lifelong passion and career of choice. This hotel is CLEAN!! Deep down where it counts kind of clean. I observed the housekeepers cleaning the carpets and floors with professional equipment and detergent and it seemed to be a normal procedure, not a special undertaking. The blankets all appear to be freshly laundered, not just folded back up. The walls and floors are spotless and there are dishes and cooking utensils in the cupboards that are even streak free. And please tip the housekeepers too!! They work really hard to make sure your rooms are perfect.
The grounds are well groomed and the decor is so pretty. I give this property a Five Star Rating and only wish that I had the authority to truly designate it as such, but I do have the ability to say with full confidence that you should come stay at the Macon-North Homewood Suites; you will never want to leave. Thank you to the owner for providing such a top notch staff and facilities. We will be back, and I will certainly be suggesting this hotel to the many travelers I come in contact with at my place of employment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane T
Dianne,
Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I enjoyed meeting you and hope that you return again to Macon for a visit. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great! I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in this part of Macon. The staff was very friendly and made sure I was comfortable and pleased with my accommodations. I like that they have both complimentary dinners AND breakfasts!

Again, very comfortable and clean with great access to a grocery store (Publix), several shops, banks, gas stations, and only a few minutes from the Riverside mall.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay while in Macon. We hope to see you again soon. Please let me know when you arrive. I would like the opportunity to meet you. Enjoy your Holiday Season!
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stopped here on our drive to Florida. It had been a long day and we were hungry! To our surprise dinner is served Monday thru Thursday here and we enjoyed soup, salad and chicken for dinner! What a nice treat at the end of the day.
The room was most comfortable and beds and pillows were great! Breakfast was very good, staff was very helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We sure are glad you had a great time staying with us in Macon. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our evening during. Thank you for a great review. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Happy Holiday's from your friends at Homewood Suites Macon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Firstly, like everyone else said this is a very clean and nice hotel. But that was the only thing good about it. We stayed here on our way up from fl to nc. Everything was great until 9:00 when I tried to get my 2 children to go to sleep. The contractor of this hotel did not do a good job with the noise barrier between floors. We heard stomping all night long. I have a 11 month old that would not go to sleep until the people above us decided they were ready for bed around ten. I called the front desk the the lady said there was nothing she could do about it so I just did my best to not get upset. On our way home we stayed again here hoping our experience would be better than the week prior. Wrong! The family above us decided since there children weren't tired it would be a good idea to let them run back and forth all night. By 9:45 we had it and called front desk to complain. She said she would send maintenance up there. By 10:15 the upstairs decided not only that the kids could run but also jump off of furniture(or so it sounded). So we called back the front desk. She told us that maintenance didn't hear anything, I requested for them to come to our room to hear it. She then said that maintenance is gone (my husband thinks they were never there to begin with). So she offered to switch us rooms but we would have to pay an up charge because there weren't any rooms of the same type we had!!! What???? If you ever stay here you better bring your earplugs!!!!

1 Thank Dtharp8
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our City. I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. I will personally look into the problems that you mentioned. I will also review all training procedures with our staff.
Cathy, General Manager