“Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Macon
“Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Firstly, like everyone else said this is a very clean and nice hotel. But that was the only thing good about it. We stayed here on our way up from fl to nc. Everything was great until 9:00 when I tried to get my 2 children to go to sleep. The contractor of this hotel did not do a good job with the noise barrier between floors. We heard stomping all night long. I have a 11 month old that would not go to sleep until the people above us decided they were ready for bed around ten. I called the front desk the the lady said there was nothing she could do about it so I just did my best to not get upset. On our way home we stayed again here hoping our experience would be better than the week prior. Wrong! The family above us decided since there children weren't tired it would be a good idea to let them run back and forth all night. By 9:45 we had it and called front desk to complain. She said she would send maintenance up there. By 10:15 the upstairs decided not only that the kids could run but also jump off of furniture(or so it sounded). So we called back the front desk. She told us that maintenance didn't hear anything, I requested for them to come to our room to hear it. She then said that maintenance is gone (my husband thinks they were never there to begin with). So she offered to switch us rooms but we would have to pay an up charge because there weren't any rooms of the same type we had!!! What???? If you ever stay here you better bring your earplugs!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Dtharp8
cathyGM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Macon North during your visit to our City. I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. I will personally look into the problems that you mentioned. I will also review all training procedures with our staff.
Cathy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

First time stay on way to Florida from Wisconsin. Beds extremely comfortable. Great shower. Breakfast was the way you want it...hot and cold options..extremely well done. Staff was great. Will be back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is sparkling brand new and very comfortable room for a very low rate. My wife raved about the space and the comfort of the pillows. Having a big den to lounge in made the weekend stay very comfortable. Next door is a tasty italian place and across the street is a solid Mexican place and a mellow mushroom pizza. The breakfast was very well done and free in a way above average lobby. The staff was very helpful and the wedding visit was a complete hit in part because of this convenient and great value of a hotel

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are easy to get to an elevator and easier to park for.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This new hotel is always clean with easy and professional reception, great breakfast, good exercise room and fantastic restaurant adjacent. If it were in a big city would cost twice the rate. I have stayed for for business trips in Macon - and since I live in Atlanta I like this north town location. Never has disappointed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BJCtravelin
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Would stay there again. Pleasant staff, clean rooms, nice furnishings.
Nothing fancy, but do not need that for one night en route to Hilton Head. Breakfast was a little unorganized, but not a real issue
Recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice, clean rooms. Very surprised at how large the suites are. Definitely will add Homewood Suites to my list of preferred places to stay when I travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lwood3399
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Although this hotel is not in Macon, it's only a junction away. We stayed for one night one our way elsewhere, so that didn't matter much. What did was that it was clean and had a very comfy bed. Unfortunately at the rate we paid, we couldn't get a bath and king bed, as the king bed only came with a shower.
This hotel looked good for a longer stay, and had free buffet evening meals, with a different choice every night. There was also a buffet breakfast included. Our room had a small kitchen, and sofa. DVD loan outs were available from the lobby too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple