Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
$85
$72
$128
Hampton.com
All reviewscomplimentary dinnerbassgreat hotelfull kitchenevening receptionliving roomrooms are spacioushome away from homebusiness tripfree breakfastwould stay here againfriesexcellent stayking bedeasy accessfront desk staffstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Big rooms, nice service. Good breakfast. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2011

VERY new Homewood Suites, and everything is lovely and clean and spacious. I am so glad HWS has changed their format to interior corridors, as I am often traveling with one of my kids for soccer while Dad stays home with the other kids. Feels much safer than the old "condo" style HWS with separate exterior entrances.

This hotel is situated on Bass Road in a newly burgeoning commercial area . . .not congested and noisy, but all amenities are close by--grocery, several restaurants, gas station, without the hassle of the Arkwright Road/Riverside Drive area, and there is a back entrance to the newer shopping area that also avoids the interstate/traffic hassle.

Room layout was great--I thought the beds were VERY comfortable, and I am really picky, so not sure what some other reviewers were thinking! Staff was wonderfully hospitable--friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Soccermom844
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I may have reviewed this hotel before, but if so, it is worth an update. The room was extremely nice, with a small but full kitchen, sitting area, and bedroom which could be closed off from the rest of the suite. The bed is great. I was initially concerned about potential hall noise, because the room was very close to one set of elevators and the ice machine. But despite the fact that the hotel was fully booked, I was not at all disturbed by noise. The breakfast is reasonably good, with hot items. The happy hour is a big plus after a long day of meeting, and what is particularly nice is that dinner is served in the lobby. It isn't great food, but it is good enough and beats getting into a car after a long happy hour talking shop with other conference attendees. The gym is adequate; mostly treadmills, but good ones, with individual tv screens (take earphones). The hotel is located close to a Publix and several places to eat. The staff is pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at the Macon-North Homewood Suites for just one night on 10/13/11. We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. Our room overlooked the pool and was very comfortable for my husband and myself. It was clean and spacious and our king bed was great with lots of pillows!! The furnishings in the room were very nice and modern, I loved the window coverings! We were able to connect to the wi-fi very easily and had no connection problems whatsoever. The room price (we paid $116.00) was very reasonable considering all included and quality of the hotel and room! We arrived on Thursday evening, and the complimentary dinner and drinks were just wrapping up at 7pm. I did enjoy a glass of wine though! I looked at the dinner buffet being served and it looked and smelled really good! It was sailsbury steak, potatoes, gravy, vegetable, etc..... We opted to walk across the road to a Mexican restaurant. I think it's called Margarita..something? It was pretty good, not great, but okay. The breakfast buffet at the hotel the next morning was delicious! It was one of the best breakfast buffets I've had! The scrambled eggs were great, really flavorful. The sausage gravy and bisquits were yummy, and my husband really liked the grits. There were many other choices on the buffet, I can't remember them all now :) I can't say enough about the staff that we met! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. always asking if we needed anything We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Macon! Loved this hotel, (and I can be pretty picky, so I was very pleasantly surprised :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Love2Travel88
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Let me start by saying that I travel to Macon for work a good bit and have stayed at 4 different hotels in town (see other reviews for details). The Homewood is BY FAR the best place to stay in Macon. Here's the good/bad and ugly:

* The location is a little ways away from downtown Macon--which is actually a good thing-- I often travel alone and feel safe staying in this area of town. It's also close to the outdoor shopping mall, several new restaurants and the Bass Pro

* Free Breakfast. While similar places in the same price range (Courtyard Marriott) are cutting back and offerring fewer perks... the Homewood gives you free breakfast, beer and wine at night and a free dinner. I probably would not recommend eating the dinner.. but it is really nice that they offer it!

* The staff is incredibly nice and professional. In juxtaposition with the Marriott in downtown Macon, the staff here are TEN TIMES better!

* The building looks very clean and new.

*The rooms are large, comfortable and feel like "home"

I was traveling with a co-worker who does the Marriott points and twisted her arm to stay somewhere other than Marriott. She stayed at the Homewood for the first time and became a "believer". Her husband is also a traveling consultant now tries to stay at Homewoods when possible.

Overall, GREAT stay!