Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
La Quinta
$75
$76
$103
All reviewscomplimentary dinnerbassgreat hotelfull kitchenevening receptionliving roomrooms are spacioushome away from homebusiness tripfree breakfastwould stay here againfriesexcellent stayking bedeasy accessfront desk staffstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Let me start by saying that I travel to Macon for work a good bit and have stayed at 4 different hotels in town (see other reviews for details). The Homewood is BY FAR the best place to stay in Macon. Here's the good/bad and ugly:

* The location is a little ways away from downtown Macon--which is actually a good thing-- I often travel alone and feel safe staying in this area of town. It's also close to the outdoor shopping mall, several new restaurants and the Bass Pro

* Free Breakfast. While similar places in the same price range (Courtyard Marriott) are cutting back and offerring fewer perks... the Homewood gives you free breakfast, beer and wine at night and a free dinner. I probably would not recommend eating the dinner.. but it is really nice that they offer it!

* The staff is incredibly nice and professional. In juxtaposition with the Marriott in downtown Macon, the staff here are TEN TIMES better!

* The building looks very clean and new.

*The rooms are large, comfortable and feel like "home"

I was traveling with a co-worker who does the Marriott points and twisted her arm to stay somewhere other than Marriott. She stayed at the Homewood for the first time and became a "believer". Her husband is also a traveling consultant now tries to stay at Homewoods when possible.

Overall, GREAT stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JustCallmeTourGuide
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Fantastic value. I have to be in Macon about once a month on business. The room is large, parking convenient and close to shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JuRan
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I read other reviews before selecting this hotel, and I was not disappointed in the 4 nights we stayed. From the first moment, the staff was excellent -- both friendly and accommodating. We happened to arrive about 6 p.m. on a Wednesday, and the first comment made by the clerk was, "Oh, good! You got here in time for dinner!" Dinner? Wow, they actually meant dinner. Not 5-star restaurant dinner, but the wings, tater tots, soup, salad, and rolls were really good and not having to go out and find a meal was a delightful treat after a long trip. (Note: I think they only serve dinner maybe Mon-Thurs; check the website.) After that, the room was beautiful, comfortable, and immaculate. They loan new-release DVDs at the front desk, so we did that, too.
The location was good in most ways: close to I-75; just across the street from a 1st-rate grocery store and a terrific restaurant (Margaritas Mexican grill) where they were playing live music on the patio on a Friday night; and only about a mile from a town-center type mall and many other good restaurants. The only problem with the location was its actual site: the area around is still under development, so if a lovely view is important to you, you should try somewhere else. This was definitely NOT a problem for us.
One piece of advice: if you are staying on a weekend and like quiet, ask for a room on the back or sides away from the pool. As it happened, two wedding parties were staying there that weekend. A group of happy people returned to the hotel at about 10 p.m. after the rehearsal dinner and decided to continue their festivities out on the patio near the pool. While I was sympathetic to their joyful celebration, they did keep me up longer than I wanted to be awake.
Overall, the stay was great, and we will likely always choose this hotel when staying in or near Macon.

Room Tip: If quiet is important, ask for a room facing away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TruthisBeauty
cgarofalo, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for such a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your visit to Macon. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. We will continue to strave to provide great service to you and all of our guests. Please let us know when you return to Macon, so that I can personnally thank you. Safe Travels

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Don't pass this one up. This is a recently new Homewood Suites and we have stayed here three times. The rooms are clean, well stocked and beds very comfortable. The nicest thing is that they serve dinner and breakfast which is excellent. They only serve dinner Monday through Thursday. You can save approximately 40 dollars on food. Breakfast is not continental but a full hot breakfast which is served every day. It is in an excellent safe location. I really enjoy this hotel and can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank halfpintHuntsville
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I made online arrangements to stay two nights in this Hotel. My trip down to the Keys, and on my way back. It was done online through the Priority Club and the savings were tremendous!
Very nice staff, most friendly and helpful. Very clean. Well lit.
My biggest complaint was the condition of the beds. What a let down and not once (willing to wrote once off) but twice!
The first night the bed had no support and seemed to be somewhat worn out. The second night on my way back from the Keys, the bed actually was unlevel, like someone had only slept on one side of the bed forever!
The price, the staff the cleanliness I rate 100 percent, the beds.. well sadly..30.

Room Tip: Check Out The Bed In Your Room First
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple