“Excellent gourmet style dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Natalia's

Natalia's
Ranked #2 of 349 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
florida
“Excellent gourmet style dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

This place has a wonderful menu. The surf and turf, comprised of a filet and a lobster tail (fried, broiled, grilled), was WONDERFUL. Our server was johnny-on-the-spot throughout the 4 hours our group wined and dined. The appetizers of prosciutto-wrapped shrimp and scallops and the calamari were both well done with excellent presentations. The deserts- blood-orange cheese cake, and the bread pudding with banana Foster's sauce, were both some of the best we have ever had.

If there was one down-side - it is the decor. Their over use of clowns and similar decor can be creepy to many. It is also dark enough that several patrons (obviously return customers) brought their own small lights to be able to read the menu.

This is a definite a place where the pricing is reserved for special occasions, but it is worth every penny

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank osuzanna7

Southfield, Michigan
“Good Food and Decor. Wait staff could use more service training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

I requested flexibility of 15 minutes later than the reserved time for myself and another associate who was using a week night dinner break from work to dine with me.The reservation receptionist told me that would not be a problem. When we arrived ten, not fifteen minutes later than the reserved time however, two young hostesses were in the process of cancelling our table reservation.
The house salad was small but tasty and the Parmesan was full of flavor. The fresh, hot bread was wonderfully crusty. I had the specialty entree-- six off-menu, lobster-stuffed shrimp with white rice and asparagus over a buttery sauce. I highly recommend it.
The restaurant is multi-roomed like someones elaborately decorated house. Some tables were spaced too close to walking areas. Ours was one of those tables. I was knocked into several times by busy wait staff over the course of the meal. I am not a large person.
I noticed many patrons wearing coats and wraps while dining. It was cold. Even the owner was wrapped in a large cape as she floated among the patrons.
The decor and the food was wonderful. The wait staff could use some further training. Also note that selections are ala carte.

3 Thank VaporK8
Atlanta
“Outstanding all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Had dinner at Natalias in August 2010 with a colleague. Really enjoyed the house specialty lasagna. Delicious salads and bread, too. Can't recommend highly enough.

cordele ga
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“visit to Natalia's 7/23/2010”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This was my wife 's and my first visit since the relocation to the beautiful new restaurant in Macon, Ga. Even though the evening started off with a misconcocted drink, we were happy to be there and service was ok thus far. we stayed to dine. It has always been one of our favorite places to celebrate any occasion or just to dine.
We were seated and appetizers were on opposite end of spectrum...foie gras fabulous but 3 scallops marginal...price for both 34.00....entrees ordered...duck was inedible if not for massive amounts of raspberry and cherry sauce....wife's chilean sea bass cooked in parchment was completely devoid of any flavor...zero I mean...cotton had more flavor.
no desserts ordered...chardonnay at 9 bucks a glass was tolerable to my wife....i drank tea......we left ...crushed, hungry and over $140.00 lighter....will not be back....sorry...maybe it was just not our night......service was ok...stopped at Mick D's and got a snack and drove 1 hour home. Bon Voyage to Bon Appetit !!! wonderful ambiance..

1 Thank cposey
Macon, Georgia
“Absolutely Fabulous!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

I've dined on three continents...and this restaurant is one of the finest! The snails were tender but firm...the beef wellington mouth-watering and the white chocolate bread pudding was divine! Our server Kim was so attentive and fun! She made it a night to be remembered. I highly recommend this restaurant! Especially for couples in love...You will not regret it. It is well worth the money spent!

Been to Natalia's? Share your experiences!