“The best Macon has to offer”
Review of Natalia's

Natalia's
Ranked #4 of 358 Restaurants in Macon
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Warner Robins, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Macon has to offer”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me here for our anniversary. It was our first time eating here and it was absolutely fabulous. Everything we ate was wonderful. We had the crab cake (husband) and scallops (myself) for an appetizer and shared them - the crab cake was the best I have put in my mouth. For our main entree I had the organic fillet which was great and my husband had the fillet and fried lobster tail. We both absolutely loved the lobster tail. I've had this at other restaurants that I thought were good until I had a bite of this one; it was far superior. For desert - heaven: the white chocolate bread pudding with bananas foster glaze. I highly recommend this. We had a few glasses of the house Riesling which was very smooth. Expect to spend about $100 per person when it is all said and done. The only thing that could have been better was where we were seated. Apparently they start seating people in a section and sit them side by side and move across the room. We were placed fairly close to a business meeting/dinner party and had to listen to them the entire dinner. We also felt like we had to whisper so they would not here us. When we were seated I asked if we could sit on the other side of the restaurant but the hostess said no. We wanted a little privacy since it was our anniversary. The corner in the other side did not have a party seated until we were leaving. Kind of disappointing. Next time we will request it when we make the reservation and see if that will make a difference.

• Visited May 2013

“Good food, poor service, overpriced”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We made an error in choosing this restaurant because we are on a long trip with two children. When we first arrived the staff seemed unsure about where to seat us and finally decided on the terrace. The table was in the direct sun and too hot for the kids so we asked for a shadier place. The staff was very accommodating and moved our table to a better spot. We ordered a meal for the children first so it would cool enough to eat. We picked a ravioli dish for them to split and instead of the standard menu item, they brought the pricier special. It was excellent but small serving. We ordered our meal and it took a long time to arrive. There is no bread or salad included with a meal. One of us ordered the special veal chop that was excellent and a good size serving. The other ordered a spaghetti dish. By this time more customers arrived and the waiter was more interested in chatting with a table of young women than getting the check for us. Bottom line, great food, some portions very small, extremely expensive for what you get. Our total bill for 2 pasta dishes, one veal chop. 2 beers and one glass of wine was over $90.00 before tip.

Visited May 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Superb Italian”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The setting was not promising: the area may be developed further, but at the moment it is essentially a partially landscaped slab of concrete just off the I-75. However, although it may seem on the outside as if an alien spaceship has just parked in the middle of nowhere (and although it was elusive on the sat-nav - look for Bass Road, not North Macon Street), Natalia's turned out to be the most genuine Italian restaurant that we have found in Georgia so far. Once inside, the atmosphere changes completely, and this becomes a fine-dining experience with some marvellously quirky décor. We chose our meal from the daily specials, and the ingredients were fresh and mostly tasty (perhaps the red snapper was a little bland). There's a good wine list and we received excellent service. Booking is recommended, as the place filled up quickly.

Sacramento, California
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner at Natalia's the other night. The beef was the best steak I have had in a year. The bread pudding was good but it did not quite live up to the rousing recommendation I had received from a recent diner. I do have to mention the house wines need adjusting; they were not in step with the quality of the food.

Macon, Georgia
“Great place to celebrate a special occasion”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have 2 favorite go to places in Macon when I have the need for a special night out...this is right there at the top of my list! Few places give you the experience of true fine dining in Macon, with as delightful a menu as does Natalia's. We also use her just about every Christmas to cater the office Christmas dinner...she never ceases to delight everyone's palate. Expect to pay the typical cost of fine dining, and just sit back and enjoy a delicious meal!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank marmee77

Been to Natalia's? Share your experiences!