“Mark is a wonderful Bartender”

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 419 Restaurants in Macon
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I frequent this Olive Garden multiple times throughout the month and we get nothing any of excellent service from the bartender Mark. He always welcomes us with a warm smile and starts making our drinks. We don’t have to tell him, he remembers. I always get the Peach Bellini and my girlfriend gets the Raspberry Mule. The food is always to our liking. I got the Shrimp Carbonara which is mouth watering with its creamy cheese sauce and Calamari.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 25, 2018

On my previous review of this Olive Garden; I encouraged everyone to request Makeeta. Sadly, we were told that she is no longer there. Such a shame unless she was promoted.......Whenever I visit an Olive Garden, there is no doubt that my order will include the all you can eat Zuppa. This visit-- that and bread sticks were my entire order. When my soup was served; it was essentially liquid... no potato slices, no kale, no big pieces of sausage. I thought that maybe it was a fluke-- perhaps bottom of the pot.. BUT the next bowl was the same. I finally said something about it and after asking, I received a bowl of Zuppa the way it is supposed to be, The liquid was good; but not filling. I always eat quite a bit of Zuppa; but when it does not contain any of the main ingredients; of course it is going to take more to satisfy my hunger (had not eaten that day).
My husband had another soup and his was fine.
We definitely missed Maketta! Our bowls and glasses would have been filled much quicker had she been our server.
We were not even given mints as is the custom at Olive Garden Restaurants.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018

We were attracted to this restaurant by the good vegetarian and vegan options. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and our server very attentive.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 15, 2018

My husband and I went to The Olive Garden because #1) I love the soup; and #2) I had a special coupon. My second visit since they moved to a new location.
We had the wonderful fortune of being assigned to a wonderful lady named Maketta. She was the model of what an ideal server should be. She was continually smiling and friendly; attentive; and on top of things. She kept our water filled; went ahead and put the amount of cheese we first requested on our food without having to ask each time (never had anyone do that before and was really appreciated). We had not eaten and were hungry (I ordered the all you can eat Zuppa and my husband ordered the all you can eat soup and salad)--- She did not make me feel like she was rushing us to leave as I have felt at some Olive Gardens when I order this. (My thinking is that it is a very inexpensive meal and so the tip would probably be very small-- that is NOT how I tip).
We appreciated her service so much that we asked to see the manager to praise her. I also emailed the corporate office of Olive Garden to commend her. (I got a reply so I know they read and appreciated it)

The soup was absolutely wonderful and I ate a LOT. My husband ate a lot of soup and salad. We will return and we most definitely will request Maketta..... if you appreciate superb service; you will also

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Food was very good, but our waitress, Maketta, was THE BEST!
Great attitude, service and enthusiastic! She kept our drinks filled, was eager to get anything we needed. By far the best waitress we have ever had!

Date of visit: May 2018