“Great Stay”

Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Oxford, Mississippi
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Checked in and spent the week in Macon at the Candlewood Suites. The staff was very friendly, the accommodations were clean and comfortable and the location was convenient to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your staying with us. We value our guests’ opinions and appreciate your comments. Please stay with us the next time you are in Macon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Everything about my stay was remarkable from beginning to end. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The general manager even came out to the lobby to greet us and play with our dog. She made us feel like we were part of their candle wood family. They had a cup board filled with snacks and drinks perfect for my late night sweet tooth. The rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. My room came equipped with a full size fridge, a stove top, microwave and dishwasher. They even supplied the pots, pans and dishes. When they say pet-friendly they mean it. The front desk manager would make sure to give my dog pet snacks every time we passed by. From housekeeping, front desk and maintenance they were all very courteous and welcoming. I definitely recommend and would stay again any time.

Room Tip: My mother stayed in a queen studio and i stayed in a double and they both came with kitchens. I can...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We love our guests and their pets! I’m glad you had a great stay and I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I will make sure the staff knows about your comments.
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel due to the weather conditions as a courtesy from my employer! The clerk name Josh was professional and made it so easy for me and my associates feel at home! Then Dan was also a huge help when we needed extra blankets and towels! Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed staying with us. I will pass your comments on to Josh and Dan. They will be delighted to hear them. Our customer’s comments mean so much to us and help us know what we are doing right and correct what we are doing wrong. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We hope that the next time you need a hotel room in Macon that you will choose us.
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I reviewed this hotel over a year ago, but wanted to add that it hasn't changed - it is still the best place to stay if you are in the Macon area. The prices are low and it is located at the end of a short street that is full of hotels and restaurants and is very quiet. The staff is phenomenol, as well. I stay here 3-4 times a year - whenever I am working in and around Macon. I always like Candlewood Suites, anyway, because you get a kithcen, DVD, player, etc., and makes for a comfortable 'home away from home.' But this property in Macon is the best kept Candlewood Suites I have been to. The rooms are ALWAYS clean and fresh, the kitchen, dishes, and utensils are always spotless and ready to use...always a very, very good experience; cannot recommend the Candlewood Suites in Macon enough!!

Room Tip: The south side faces the woods and a vacant lot; very quiet, and warmer in the am because of the sou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for sharing your comments with other travelers. We will share them with our staff. Please stay with us again.
appleton
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very nice Candlewood, updated furnishings. The fridge and counter look like they were on the newer side. Quiet room. Check out guy in the morning was very nice. I would stay here again. Well worth the money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your room. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with other travelers. We appreciate it!
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying a week at Candlewood while our apartment was being readied. Tressie, the Operations Manager and the General Manager were both very outgoing and accommodating. The day and night time staff were friendly and helpful with directions around the area. Housekeeping and Maintenance always smiled and offered assistance. The room was very clean, spacious and was our home away from home. My family and I will definitely stay here again if there is a need.

• Stayed December 2013
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We appreciate your business and are glad that you stayed with us. Thank you very much for the compliments. Your comments are important to us and are shared with the staff. It is a great teaching tool and wonderful to get positive feedback. Thanks again for staying with us.
Kalamazoo MI
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had to be in Macon because a family member had gone into hospice, and I had no idea how long I would need to stay. The amenities are wonderful - the convenience of a full kitchen meant that I could control my own time, and save money by buying groceries at the nearby Kroger. The staff was simply amazing; I never had to ask twice for anything, and made my wife and me, and our dog (and eventually my family member's dog), feel completely welcome and at home. It was a real blessing to be able to concentrate on the bigger reason I was in Macon, and not have to worry about a thing with housing. I give them my very highest rating, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MCNCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry for the reason that brought you here; but, I am delighted to hear that your accommodations were good. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We always share the comments with our Associates and they will be glad to hear that they did a good job.