“Welcoming Staff”

Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Macon
GA
“Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a one night stay for business in Macon, the attendant was very polite, professional and helpful. My room was average clean and well stocked. I did notice that the landscaping could use a little help. The construction in the area makes it a little tricky to get around but overall I had a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Macon. We truly appreciate your business! We are pleased to hear your comments regarding our front desk associate's professionalism and the cleanliness of your room. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the landscaping. We strive to keep our property aesthetically appealing at all times for our guests and are sorry that our efforts did not meet your expectations. We will take the necessary steps to improve the landscaping. Also, we are happy to report that the construction at the 169 Exit is scheduled to end shortly. We know that navigating through construction is not ideal for our guests and are happy to report that it is in its final phase. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback! We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again the next time you are in Macon.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites Macon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Whenever our company has to travel to work here from Atlanta, this is the hotel of choice for us. The staff is awesome and they have our rooms set up for each of us whether is be a smoking room or a 1st floor room. We usually arrive on a Monday after work to check in. Our room keys are ready for each of us. The staff have provided games for us to play outside since we spend most of our time out at the gazebo and cooking out on the grill or, taking advantage of the pool area. I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who has the chance to come here to stay. Thank you to all the staff for taking such good care of us. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Candlewood Suites Macon. I am so thrilled to hear that you cannot wait to come back! I am glad that our team was able to accommodate each of your group's guests with their desired room type and floor preference. Also, I am so happy that you found our Pool and Grilling Gazebo to be an enjoyable place to relax and unwind. We hope to see you and the rest of your group again soon!

Shannon Smith & the Team at Candlewood Suites
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this Candlewood on our family trip to Florida. Upon arrival, the friendly desk clerk greeted us with a smile. Our room was clean and very spacious. My son has food allergies, so we have to bring his food instead of eating out. Because of this, we prefer Candlewood because of the kitchenette feature. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms roomy, nice and very clean. The location was convenient and easy to find. We did not use the outdoor pool because it was raining, but the grounds were very well kept. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Florida!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Candlewood Suites Macon on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay! I am glad that you found our in-suite kitchens to be a convenient solution to your son's food allergies and that you found the room and bathroom size to be comfortable. Please come back to see us the next time you are passing through Macon.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites
Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this Candlewood since it's a personal favorite of mine. Again, I wanted to "sing the praises" of the staff employees here. They truly make this hotel special! The staff here not only demostrate true southern hospitality, they live it. Every one of them smiles as they speak to guests, many times calling you by name.
Since I've stayed here many times, the front desk staff know my routines. The other day, one noticed that she had not seen me leave for breakfast or lunch and became concerned. She was getting ready to check on me when she noticed that my car was not in the parking lot. When she relayed this to me later, I was touched by her caring concern. They honestly make guests feel special and like family!

Room Tip: Since I'm a sound sleeper normally, the trains that go back throughout the night doesn't bot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff! We love what we do! Guests like you are a pleasure to have. We cannot tell you how much we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My tennis team was very happy with our 3 night stay at the Candlewood Suites Macon. I made the arrangements with Tressy the manager. She was very professional and extremely accommodating. I have to say all of the staff did a great job. The rooms are large and very clean. If we make it back to the USTA State Tournament again we'll be sure to stay there. It was close to all the courts and was a great experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
, Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Candlewood Suites would like to thank you for your most recent stay. We truly enjoy when the tennis teams choose to stay with us. We also look forward to the next USTA State Tournament. Again, thank you for staying with u.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here one night for business. This is a no frills, come for the room and that's about it, hotel. They do not provide any type of breakfast (continental or otherwise).

The room was spacious, but definitely average, or just below average. The bed was comfortable and the location was close to the highway and down the street from restaurants. There were competing (and nicer) hotels in the cul de sac where the hotel is located (ones I didn't know about when I made the reservation). The amenities at each of these hotels would have been much better. I looked at them with envy as I left my hotel and drove toward the restaurant.

Next time, I'll try one of the other options in the area. However, if you're looking for an expensive place to lay your head and don't want anything extra, this is a decent spot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KennetteR
Candlewood_Macon_GA, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your response in regards to your stay at our Candlewood Suites. We sincerely apologize that we did not live up to your expectations.
We are pleased with the spacious rooms also. Our amenities such as the complimentary laundry facilities and full service kitchens are those amenities for extended stays.
We understand that this was not your impression and we would love for you to contact us for your next stay in Macon so we can do a better job during your next stay.
Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was very clean and very nice, hotel management was nice. Was Roomy and cosy. Good service. Was in Macon for the Mulberry Festival. Kitchen was great to have while on business. Will stay again when in Macon, Georgia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments on your stay at our Candlewood Suites. Our suites are designed to make our guests feel cozy and at home while away from home.
And thank you for complimenting our staff; we strive to give our guests the best service possible during their stay.
It is our pleasure and thank you again for taking the time to comment.
Oh yes, we enjoy the Mulberry Festival also! Please let us know when you are coming back next year!