“Great Stay”

Candlewood Suites Macon
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The service was excellent, did not have to wait to be checked in. The desk clerk offered free water and snacks when checking in. My friend and I visited this Hotel due to a doctors appointment, the service was excellent, great room, bed was so comfortable almost over slept. Very very clean. The room has everything needed to feel like home.

Room Tip: Rooms have DVD players with flat screen tv.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Macon_GA, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are so humbled by your graciousness. I am so happy you slept well and I am glad you made it on time to your doctor's appointment.

Our staff works to give the best service possible. Our objective is to make our guests feel at home while they are away from thier home.

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites and I hope you will come back to Macon again and stay with us. It is our pleasure.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were in Macon visiting our daughter during the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival. I had never stayed in a Candlewood Suites and wasn't sure what to expect -- but the price was right. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the room, which had a functional kitchenette, a large desk, an "Lazy Boy" type armchair and nice bathroom. Our room appeared to be brand new and I was pleased with how clean it was. The only negatives: the coffee is pretty bad (no surprise given this is a large chain) and the intersection where the hotel is located is chaos. The latter is no fault of the hotel, of course, but it made my husband very grumpy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the compliments and suggestions in regards to our Candlewood Suites in Macon. I hope you had a great time with your daughter at the Cherry Blossom Festival.
I too like you get very aggrevated with the construction on the interstate. Hopefully they will be completed by next year's Cherry Blossom Festival.
Thank you for appreciating the value and cleanliness of our hotel. We wil search for a tastier coffee. Let me know when you come back how I can be of service.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed on an overnight on our way to North Carolina. The hotel itself is fairly basic, but, for $70/night - it is very clean, new and nice. We were supposed to get a room with a separate bedroom but there was a mixup. We are provided TWO adjoining rooms without additional cost. Obviously can't complain! There's a carrabas right there as well so easy to get to go food (plus a chik fil a and starbucks down the road).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrredpants
Candlewood_Macon_GA, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Candlewood Suites in Macon. I apologize for the confusion in regards to your request for two bedrooms but I am pleased you were satisfied with our solution.
Thank you for the comments in regards to the cleanliness of our hotel. Our staff works diligently to give our guests the cleanest accomodations possible.
Yes we are lokcated close to many great restaurants and coffee shops . I am happy you were able to visit them.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and please let me know how I may be of service if you are ever in Macon again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice & clean room, near good restaurant, the staff make feel like I'm at home when I'm away from home, I'm always on the road each time I'm in Macon is my First Choice, like the snacks for being a priority Club member and there's always popcorn in the room, i love the pool & the hot tub for those stressful days.good selections on the mini store for a late night snacks.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It is our pleasure to service you during your stay in Macon. It is great to hear that you feel at home when you stay at our Candlewood. Our staff is there not only to service you but give you that feeling of " home " when you are on the road. Yes, we are located where there are many restaurants, shops and grocery stores and we ready to assist you with directions to any of these. I am so glad that you like our complimentary popcorn, swimming pool and hottub. Please let me know if there is anything I may do for you and thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites in Macon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My sister and I were in the Macon area for a week and we were thrilled to find this 'home away from home!!" Every single day we experienced extraordinary customer service by Shirley, General Manager and her whole team! They went out of there way to make it a special experience for us. I have never seen a more attentive group or more more focused on every guest feeling at home. I have traveled for business and pleasure for over 20 years and in all that time, I never received better customer service than in this facility! Our room (and the entire hotel) was spotless and cheery. The price beat the competition in that area, so it was a double pleasure. Our thanks to Shirley and her whole staff for a thoroughly enjoyable week!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie W
Candlewood_Macon_GA, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I would like to thank you for such wonderful compliments. But it was absolutely our pleasure to service you during your stay. Our staff take an enormous amount of pride in taking care of our guests. It is our pleasure to make your stay such an enjoyable one.

We hope you enjoyed Macon as well!

Thank you from the entire staff!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay in hotels throughout the southeast 3-4 nights per week. When I am anywhere near Macon - even if I am working near Atlanta - i make a point of staying at the Candlewood Suites in Macon. The staff is ALWAYS extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are ALWAYS beyond clean; the times I have stayed here, it has been as if the rooms were being used for the first time. Very clean and comfortable. This hotel is the best value I have found in Macon. I would wholeheartedly recommend Candlewood Suites in Macon to anyone staying in the area, esp for an extended stay. The kitchenette and dishes are also always clean and ready to use. I can't say enough good about this hotel. Stay here, and I am sure you will agree.

Room Tip: The location lends itself to restful sleep on either side of hotel. First floor is most convenient...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim H
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind review and are happy to hear that you consistently find our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team! Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. The property, the grounds, and the rooms were very well kept and clean, and the facility had just about everything one would want while away from home. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. I thought the accomodations were well worth the price paid for the room. I also appreciated the dog walk area in the back of the property. It was nice to be able to travel with my pet and to still be able to stay somewhere with such exceptional accomodations. The hotel was located near lots of other restaurants and shopping facilities which was also very convenient. Periodically, I have to travel to the area for business, and I most definitely will be staying here on my future trips to the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonnie M
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel's cleanliness, amenities, and friendly staff. I will certainly be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our team! Also, it is great to hear that your dog enjoyed his/her visit. We love all of our guests, but we have a special place in our hearts for our "four-legged guests." We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the area!

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites