“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Macon, Georgia
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This trip was very nice indeed for my sister and I, The hotel was just lovely the rooms are very well maintained and the staff is "excellent" here. They are all very nice and well manered here especially the housekeepers and the only thing you have to bring here is food if you like to cook. The kitchen is very nice and clean,and stocked with dishes,pots & pans and all you have to do is just "relax". This is most certainly the place me & my sister will be staying at again when we come back to Macon Ga this summer for sure. So I just wanted to say a great big thank you to "Tressie and all her staff for all of your hospitality and kindness.
Respectfully Ms Alfreda Smith & Ms Debby Hunt.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great from what I myself observed. On the floor that we were on.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our rooms come stocked with (dishes, pots & pans, etc) and that you were able to relax! We truly look forward to you and your sister returning to visit us! We look forward to seeing you then.

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was relocating to the Macon, GA area for a job and had not found a place to live yet. So I decided to stay in a extended stay property till I found a place. I was at this property for three weeks and it was a great experience. Having the added benefits of a kitchen with full size refrig and two burner stove top were wonderful. This way I did not have to keep eating out and could save some money. Laundry facility being free just bring your own detergent was an added bonus, so you don't have to look for a place to wash clothes.

Staff were wonderful from the front desk team of Tressy, Erica, and Cara. Little confusion at check in since I did my reservation online but then realized I needed to come a day earlier. I called the hotel directly to change my arrival date but when I arrived they did not have me down. So that was a little uneasy but immediately taken care of. The only other thing was I did check when I made the reservation online as well as when I called in that my credit card would be charged weekly rather than the $2,000.00 up front, I was told it would be weekly. It was not handled that way but was immediately corrected when I brought it to their attention.

Hotel is very clean and for a women traveler I felt very safe. Noise level was very good which was a concern of mine that I would hear everything and I did not.

Highly rate this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan F
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed review of your experience at Candlewood Suites, Macon. I am happy to hear that you found the full-size refrigerator, two-eye stove, free laundry, and safe location to be ideal for your long-term stay! Also, I will be sure to pass along your kind comment regarding our staff to our front desk team. I am sorry to hear about the mishap with your credit card being charged at an incorrect time. I am, however, happy to hear that this issue was resolved quickly. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor!

We hope that you are enjoying calling Macon “home”. If we can ever be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can help.
ATL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to a cross country meet in October. I checked in late and left early-- however, I did interact with a couple of employees and it was a great experience. Genuinely friendly and efficient. Likewise, the hotel was clean and my room was very nice. The parking lot was well lit and I felt very comfortable in the hotel-- an important feature when travelling with kids. Thanks for maintaining your hotel so nicely. I will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I truly appreciate your review and am happy to hear that you felt safe & comfortable. I will be sure to share your kind remarks regarding the hotel's cleanliness and the staff's friendliness with our team. We hope that you will stop in and see us the next time you travel through Macon!

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites, Macon
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The staff was very friendly. Any issues we had they were able to take care of. There is free laundry which was very useful. The rooms were very clean and cozy. There are plenty of restaurants close by to eat at. There are nice restaurants and also fast food. They have a cupboard if you forgot something or if you want a snack or a drink. It was very convenient. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff!

Room Tip: rooms away from train
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank eharris621
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others on TripAdvisor! I am happy to read that you found our staff to be friendly, our rooms to be clean, and the location to be convenient! I will be sure to share your kind comments regarding our hotel with our staff. Please come stay with us again the next time you travel to or through Macon!

Agana, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in August, 2012, while visiting friends in the Macon area. Excellent value for money. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly; room was clean. Both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find the bed very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again in the future if looking for a hotel in Macon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank guampanda
Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites, Macon! I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the value you received, the cleanliness of our rooms, and the comfort of the beds. I will be sure to share your kind remarks regarding our staff with our team. I hope that we will have the pleasure of being your hotel of choice the next time you are in the Macon area. Thanks again!

Shannon Smith & The Team at Candlewood Suites Macon
Macon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I decide to get a room for my birthday weekend(Oct 26-28th). We had check with some other hotels in the Macon I-75 Riverside/Arkwright Rd area. We was not very dissatisfied with different things(ice machine dirty and not working, bed too small, shower too small, carpet dirty and noisy. I told my husband let try the Candlewood Macon because I had heard good comments from other travelers about them.
When we first arrived at the Candlewood, we was greeted by there front desk agent, Susie, whom was very helpful, polite, and friendly. We ask if their was any King sized bed available for the evening, but was told none was available, only queen beds. We asked Susie could we look at the room first, and she agreed. The room was made like a studio apartment(like for an extended stay) with two queen bed with a working stove, dishwasher, full sized fridge, dvd player and pots, and pan and utensils. We was so surprised!!! We the rate it couldn't be beat. The only problem, we had was tried turn on the water for a shower. It was tricking the first time, but my husband resolved it.
There is plenty of restaurants and fast food nearby ex, Burger King, Texas Roadhouse, Cheddar, and even, a Kroger, Publix and Kmart. We didn't have any issues with housekeeping or front desk, but everyone was very friendly and polite during check-out the next day.
Either those it was our first time at a Candlewood, it won't be our last.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the the third floor front side are quieter" "More healthy food choice in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please let me express my appreciation to you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that after comparing our property to other hotels in the area, you decided to choose us! I am even happier to hear that your experience was a great one. It always brings a smile to our face when our guests find that they are getting a great value in the Candlewood Suites! I am also happy to hear that you found the location and nearby restaurants to be convenient. We hope that if you choose to stay in the Macon area again, you will choose to stay with us. Thank you again & we hope to see you soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed one night in way to Georgia. I have stayed at another Candlewood in Brentwood that was nice as well. This one looked fairly new. The rooms were small but clean. Shower head was good (sounds weird but a trickle shower head can make a shower a challenge.) the area is nice also. Plenty of fast food and restaurants nearby. Kmart, etc.. Definitely recommend for a short stay, longer than a week you would want a larger room. Had no issues for staff to resolve,but the front desk clerk was friendly. Slept on first floor near lobby but had no issues with noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raycatch9
Candlewood_Macon_GA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Macon, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel! I am happy to hear that you found the location to be convenient. We love being located so close to so many of Macon's shops and restaurants! I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through Macon!