“Best Stay Ever.”

Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Nashville TN
“Best Stay Ever.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Service here is Excellant starting at the Front Desk & Management. The Housekeeping Staff was Very Professional. The Room & Facility was Very Clean. This Hotel is located to several restraunts. So Pet Friendly they even know your dogs name. We stayed here for 6 days & it was a Great home away from home! Thank you to all of you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Perhaps I'm spoiled by older hotels, but this room seemed VERY small for a "suite." We got a single queen-sized bed room, on the first floor in the back, and there's enough room for the bed, one nightstand, a recliner, tv/dresser, table, and the kitchen and bath. Not really a suite, but a room with a kitchen. That's fine -- it was great to have the kitchen. We got a discount, so I think I got my money's worth. Hotel's clean, quiet, pretty convenient - as long as you know you're driving. You're not walking ANYWHERE from this hotel. We didn't use the free laundry, pool, hot tub or grill, but it was nice to know they were there. The free wireless internet was great.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We were transferred to Candlewood Suites because our room at a competitor was not ready for us at 10:30 pm and there were no vacant rooms! What a disappointment!! We were not familiar with Candlewood Suites and pretty upset. The woman at Check-In was extremely nice and helpful and made us feel so much better. The room she assigned us was beautiful...so comfortable. The Candlewood Suites does an excellent job...nice beds, quality towels, 2 flat screen trees, beautiful well equipped kitchen! The only disappointment was that there is no free breakfast...but there is a nicely stocked 'pantry' to choose breakfast and snacks in and charge it to your room on the 'honor' system. That worked out well but a breakfast bar would have been better! For an extended stay, this is PERFECT! We will try to stay at Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Let me just say "Southern Hospitality" at its best! We (wife and I) are down here from NY on business and after a horrible experience with Marriott in Long Island while we were on vacation there, we were forced to change hotel chains. (We were previously loyal to Marriott). We walked in (no reservations) and Lynn at the front desk immediately took the time to show us the different rooms available. As we are down here for an extended period (3 weeks), we ideally wanted a room with a kitchen. The rooms here surpassed our expectations! Not only are they clean and sufficient size but they also have full size fridges, plenty of cabinet space, dishwasher, range and microwave! The staff is wonderful! Oh. they also have a "pantry" with convenience store items (food, incedentals, drinks, etc.). We really hope to have the oportunity to stay here again. Also, we LOVE you Georgia!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed November 15, 2009

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites. Macon does not have a lot of choices in pet friendly, decent places. The room is basically a large room with a kitchenette.
The hotel was new, clean, and had very nice front desk staff. On check in, the front desk clerk made sure to assign me to a quiet room (never heard the trains). I did not hear guest noise or door slamming.
The bed was fine, not fabulous. Same for the pillows.
Having never stayed in this brand before, I would say it is a notch below Staybridge. No breakfast, furnishings not quite as nice. But it was quite fine for one night, and probably would do fine for longer term stays. Parking was free and well lit and felt safe. There is a small store which works on an honor system. The pool was closed for the season.
I would not really call this a pet friendly property for short stays, as the fee is high ($45.00), but I was staying on points, so it did not matter so much.
I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Georgia
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I'm in hotels 2 to 4 nights out of every week. I stay at your typical $80 to $120 hotels like Holiday Inns, Wingates, Hamptons, etc.. My stay at Candlewood in Macon is without a doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed at, and it was less than $100! The rooms are LARGE with a mini kitchen. They have a nice grill on site.. DVD player.. Small 'store'. I've stayed at old dumps for the same price. I read the other reviews on this site and was worried about the train. I never heard the train, but my room wasn't on the side near the tracks. Trains wouldn't bother me anyway, I'm from a town that full of trains!

I would also like to add the front desk VERY friendly and went out of their way to make my stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
VA
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I like Candlewood Suites and this is one of the best that I've seen from this chain. Very clean and new, this property is at the end of a street that's home to maybe a half-dozen hotels. Unlike most Candlewoods, the front desk remains open 24/7, rather than close 11p-7a. There's also a PC with printer off the lobby, and free in-room wi-fi, which didn't work as well as one might want, but was OK for one night.

The chain doesn't give you breakfast, but there's a coffeemaker in the room, plus free supplies. Also, there's a full fridge and a microwave. A Publix (very clean) and a Kroger (not that great) are just to the left on the main road, past the highway entrance.

As for the trains, I faintly heard one during the night. No big deal, and certainly a lot better than noisy neighbors.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business