“Another Wonderful Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Downtown Grill

Downtown Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Downtown Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 347 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry and Cherry, 2ND AND 3RD
Description: The downtown grill is an English Steakhouse that specializes in prime cut Black Angus steaks, fresh pasta dishes, fish fillets and decadent desserts. This fine dining restaurant also features a well stocked bar that includes a vast array of scotches and bourbons. We also offer an extensive wine list by the glass or by the bottle and a large oak cigar humidor.
Macon, Georgia
“Another Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I took my daughters, 18 and 21, during Thanksgiving week for a daddy-daughter meal and it was wonderful. I used to think the pork tenderloin medalions were the best but the pork chop special is even more wonderful if that is possible. I'm a fool for their French onion soup too! Great place to eat!

Visited November 2012

Savannah, Georgia
“My Husband's Favorite (need I say more?)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband has been going to Downtown Grill with his friends for several years, always telling me -next time, I'll take you- well, it was worth the wait! The Grill is tucked away in an alley in downtown Macon, not too far from I-16. (GPS took us right to it). Our Wait Staff was friendly and knew the Menu well enough to help me decide on Exactly the Right Meal for me. Grill is pricey, compared to other places, but well worth the extra $ if you enjoy food, and want a different dining experience. Reservations are helpful. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
Macon
“There are better choices; not good for groups or events”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We live in Macon and have eaten at Downtown Grill many time over the years and watched it decline. This restaurant seems to have a loyal clientel, but in my opinion, previous diners must have lower expectations to have rated the restaurant as highly as they have. We had a private party for 20 in the upstairs room last week. Two servers were all that were provided, and the meal took over 3 1/2 hours; the last 30 minutes was spent waiting on the checks. While we were told the long wait was due to a new computer system, there really was no excuse for the slow and lackluster service. The food was average overall; comparable in plating and taste to a chain restaurant such as Carrabba's or Longhorn. A few items were tasty; others overcooked and poorly executed. Normally, I might chaulk it up to it just being a poor large-party occasion, except in our experience, the level of service and food quality has declined with every visit, no matter the party size.

Whether a dinner for two or a group, for this price range, there are better choices in Macon. Save yourself the money and go to a chain restuarant or choose an option like Marco, Natalia's or Backburner - either way, you will be more satisfied.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank no_interruptions
Roswell, Georgia, United States
“A Must In Macon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stopping at a fine dining restaurant while traveling is my idea of adding enjoyment to a road trip. I have been to the Downtown Grill twice, and find it well worth the visit. I'm always willing to try duck when I see it on a menu and am often disappointed. Not this time. It was perfect. The green beans were tough, but that is not the chef's fault although our server was very apologetic. It was exchanged for sauteed spinach, which was delicious. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed and attractive. I'd definitely stop at the Downtown Grill any time I'm near Macon.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Amazing food if you make the right selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and would say they have the best scallop dish I have ever had inland. On that note, some of the other items I have ordered made me regret venturing outside the box. I would ask you server for recommendations.

This place is very appropriate for a date night as it has a cozy vibe with dim lighting. The service is always superb.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Downtown Grill? Share your experiences!