“Worth a visit”
Review of Hay House

Hay House
Ranked #2 of 49 things to do in Macon
More attraction details
Owner description: An Italian Renaissance villa open for public touring.
Gainesville, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Interesting architecture and history and worth a visit. The home is well preserved and impressive. There are tour times so calling ahead would be recommended. We missed the tour and didn't want to wait an hour and a half for the next one so we missed out on more detailed history but it was still worth a visit. I'm glad we saw it, but would not likely go back.

Visited October 2013

Donalsonville, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

WOW!! Gotta see it to believe it. Absolutely gorgeous! It's almost like stepping back in time. Enjoyed learning and seeing first hand how they lived years ago.

Visited October 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This house is impressive! I had never been in mansion prior to this. My husband and were both in awe. The main floor is unreal; the restoration is immaculate. I loved the contrast between the totally restored main floor and the unrestored second floor. The lady who gave the tour knew a phenomenal amount of history of the house and the area. My husband and I were lucky enough to have her all to ourselves the day that we stopped by. As a point of interest, she told us that they do special tours where you can go inside the walls to see how the house built. You can also see the top two or three levels of the house on the special tour. The regular tour only shows you the basement, first floor and second
floor. I would love to go back in 10 years and see the restoration progress on the second floor.

Visited August 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
621 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,129 helpful votes
“Great History and Interesting Architecture through Three Generations of Owners”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a very lovely house with advanced technology for its time. The restoration has been painstakingly done and the first floor is jaw dropping. For example, curved pocket doors and ornate moldings are found throughout. The one hour tour with a guide is well worth it. We took an hour before the tour to read the material in the lowest level which made the tour more worthwhile. Worth a stop and a look.

We found several different open times in various websites. In general, they are open 10:00-4:00 except Sunday with tours on the hour (lasting 45 minutes). The house is not air conditioned so the upstairs can be pretty hot.

If this review was helpful please click the button below the review.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Trek-Always
Macon, Georgia
“Really enjoyed the visit”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My dad took me on a tour of this place when I was a kid. I did the same for mine this year. This place in incredibly cool and interesting. My 9-year old loved it.

We did the basic tour. My only complaint is that the in-depth tour is limited to certain times and at a much greater cost.

Visited May 2013

Been to Hay House? Share your experiences!