“Great service”

Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Wadley, Alabama
“Great service”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. The room was spacious and clean. Best hotel breakfast I have experienced. Staff was great as well. If looking for comfort,convenience and well kept, then this is a great deal for the money spent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped for a quick overnight here on our way to Orlando from Windsor, Ontario. The hotel is brand new, so its very nice and attractive when you first walk in. The front desk was very helpful and gave us a great rate of $99 for the night. The pool area is really beautiful. Great pool for the kids. Salt water, and only about hip deep for adults the whole way through it. Nice work out area too. The rooms were nice. Hardwood floors, which was unusual for a hotel like that. The bathroom was a little strange - there was a bowl-type sink which was nearly impossible to use to wash my face in (I'm 5'4" tall). Looked nice, but not really usable.
We went for dinner in the hotel later on in the evening. The service was really poor, the food was not great. But unfortunately, there's not much for dining options right off the highway and we were so beat from a day of driving. We would preferred to stay in the Hampton Inn across the parking lot (they have free breakfast!). The breakfast at this hotel wasn't free, but was pretty reasonable ($4.99 per adult, kids free). Would recommend as a quick overnight stop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PatriciaTraveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear PatriciaTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Macon
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were having huge reno work being done to our house and I just needed a night away from the mess! It was late and we had tried another hotel that was closer to us and it was a nightmare and I asked for our money back. So we decided to go where we knew we wouldnt be disappointed...Holiday Inn Express! As always, the room was super clean and the staff was top-notch...if I need a local hotel, this is the only place for us!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank only5cats
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was in town for a film festival. I was warned that there was some "road issues" near the hotel and that wasn't exactly close to my venue (they were wrong on both parts, alas) but because I had a special rate, I decided to stay.

I flew in on a red eye and requested to check in early (like 10:00 AM... so, you know, not great for a hotel), but the front desk attendant said, "we can do that" (they were full the night before), but it is a room facing the railroad.

Just know, I live in LA. Never once heard that railroad while I was sleeping the entire time I was there. So if you see reviews below that mention it, you should request to not be railroad side if you're a light sleeper.

I slept GREAT. Great bed. Actually canceled my morning plans to stay in bed.

GREAT staff.

Room was impeccable. Nice hard wood floors. Great bed. Coffee maker. Nothing remotely "not clean."

BIG room.

Free parking.

Near a Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts and anything else you need for food.

A short drive into downtown Macon. But Macon goes to bed after 8 PM anyways. There is only one major chain hotel in downtown, but they are nearly double the price.

I saw laundry on my floor, but didn't use it.

I will stay here again on my next trip.

Very happy.

Room Tip: I heard the railroad. I kinda loved it, because it was soft ambient noise when I was awake.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chad D
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I don't typically stay at Holiday Inn's but this one was pretty good. The hotel is two years old and modern. There are are few picky design things I would have done differently, but over all it fit the bill for a one night stay.
The list of standard hotel review things such as: service, was decent; room, was clean; bed, was mostly comfortable (mattress a bit hard); a full hot breakfast buffet, was pretty good for $3.99.
In terms of design issues, my biggest picky thing is the lack of carpet in the room. They used vinyl flooring that looked like wood. Kind of cheesy if I might say so. Carpet may cost more to maintain but it helps with acoustics and the feel of comfort.
Also, the heating/cooling system is LOUD! It woke us up and had to turn it off. However,quiet inexpensive systems are non-existent so most budget hotels have these regardless of age.
I did like the above-counter sink on top of the granite counter in the bathroom. Nice modern touch.
Our room was not on the train track side so it was quiet (when the heater wasn't on).
Overall, I would recommend staying there if you are passing through or on a budget and can get a good rate.

Room Tip: The train does go by in the middle of the night so ask for a room on the opposite side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Augusta
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn while attending a 2 day training. I choose the hotel because it seemed fairly new and had some pretty good ratings. Perhaps it was just my room, but I was highly disappointed. When I opened the door it seemed really nice with hardwood floors; but I quickly noticed that the room seemed to either been occupied by some routy people or it was unfinished. The walls and desk were beat up and the AC unit was very dirty/dusty. What really took the cake for me, was as I was leaving and doing my once over to make sure I hadn't left anything, there was a roach in the corner of the bathroom. I mentioned this upon check out and the girl said, "we've been having a problem with roaches" - really? Now I need to shake out all my clothes and belongings. The hotel could also improve on breakfast. Although it was only $3.00, my money would have been better spent at McDonald's. The food was salty and luke warm at best. On the upside, there was a nice happy hour and lounge outback.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear talk2thehand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of your room. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Macon North when we visited to see Jerry Seinfeld at the Macon City Theater. He had stayed at this hotel in the past while working on a film, and had a good experience.

We didn't have a reservation, but the front desk clerk make check-in quick and easy. My husband booked a king suite on the 4th floor; it was well worth the extra money! We had a lovely little sitting area with a kitchenette and half-bath, and a HUGE bathtub in the master bath! The front desk clerk had told us that the jets were turned off for all of the jacuzzi tubs, but that didn't bother me at all. The tub was plenty big for me to stretch out and luxuriate, and there seemed to be an endless supply of hot water. My husband and I took baths one right after the other, and we didn't have any issues with the water going cold while filling up such a huge bath!

The bed was VERY comfortable -- maybe even more so than the Westin beds we've gotten used to! I would have liked to have king pillows on the bed, but we made up for it by requesting extra pillows, which the front desk happily brought us.

We didn't partake in happy hour, but for only $2.99 we could have enjoyed unlimited wine and beer from 5pm - 6pm, as well as half-priced appetizers. Breakfast the next morning was also $2.99 for an unlimited buffet of bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, oatmeal, and different bread options. Nothing too fancy, but very filling and tasty.

The only issue was with the noise of the AC/Heating unit. Whenever the heat came on in the middle of the night, I thought a helicopter was landing outside our room! We wound up just turning it off for the night.

I would happily stay here -- or at another Holiday Inn! -- again!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms will be quieter, due to the wood floors!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple