“Wonderful stay”

Holiday Inn Macon North
Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I worked for Holiday Inn in Kansas city several years ago at their only boutique hotel at the time. Minus the champagne upon checkin, this place was almost the same place. Very estitiquely pleasing. Staff was superb. Front desk man Charles was accomodating above the call of duty! Would definetly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Macon North

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Every time we are in Macon we live at this Holiday Inn. It's actually much nicer then most Holiday Inns we stay at. (It must have been renovated or may be new, either way it's great). The rooms are nice with hardwood floors and nice high beds. Service is average to above average. For some reason the parking lot seemed to be full if you got in a bit late, very annoying.

So the mistake they made which is quiet huge (but for us they fixed it). We booked well in advance and because it was a tennis tourney we booked based on the fact that the hotel had a HOT breakfast free of charge down stairs. Everything was great till the 3rd day when they said now we have to pay for breakfast, WHAT!!! So we did not have time to argue we had an 6:45 AM warmup to get to, so paid and ate. The front desk person said they could not help us we needed to talk to the management. Believe me there were LOTS of families upset at the counter and at breakfast about this. Anyway after talking to the manager the issues us breakfast coupons for the remainder of the days. If they had not done that we would have checked out of that hotel and not stayed there again. It was an issue of principle not the $4 they were charging per person. (Oh and get this they charged my daughter $3.xx tip, which I thought was ridiculous so they removed it.)

Overall a great hotel to say at but what they did with the breakfast was really boan headed and will surely cost them business.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front side of the hotel so you don't have to hear the train going by ev...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our recent trip to Macon (overnight on way to Dahlonega) was a pleasant surprise! As we drove past this HI to our reservation at Candlewood Suites I could not help but notice this beautiful NEW Holiday Inn. When we arrived at Candlewood I was not impressed and decided to see what HI had available for the same rate. The desk clerk could not have been nicer and more helpful! We got a beautiful new room on the 'club level floor' - not sure what that added? But, happy hour with free beer and popcorn was going on when we arrived...the atmosphere was light and fun. The hotel was clean and the rooms were quiet and nicely appointed. The breakfast was fantastic with a very pleasant woman serving coffee and tea. They had a small but adequate business center where I made copies that I needed last minute.

This hotel was an excellent find and I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Towards the front - train out the back!
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This HI was beautiful. Very grand lobby, clean hallways and elevator. The room was immaculate. I was able to get a great night's rest. The front desk was very helpful in accomodating a couple requests. However the issue arose when I tried to visit the 24 hour gym at 4:30 am, something which is VERY important to me when I am traveling on business and giving presentations. Despite the very clear 24 hour facility sign, my room key to enter wouldn't work, and was informed by the front desk clerk was on a timer and would not open until 8:00 am. I asked her to please open the facility as it is a 24 hour faciilty, and was informed she was unable to. I ended up running up and down the short cul-de-sac the hotel was on, through construction and honestly fearing my life as I dodged out of the way of cars. I was highly unimpressed by this incident.

1  Thank Beach_Run
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Beach_Run,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am pleased you found our room accommodations superb and our front desk accommodating. I regret your experience at our fitness center. Thank you for bringing this into our attention and I assure you we will address this to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have been to some great Holiday Inn's lately, most notably the new Holiday Inn Detroit Airport, and the Atlanta Dunwoody, but this newer Holiday Inn may take the cake. From the time you walk in the door, the staff is courteous, the hotel is gorgeous, and the rooms were almost perfect. Once I checked in, the staff noticed my priority club memberhip and gave me a nice goody bag, (a bottle of water, chips, and an apple.) It was a nice snack once I got in the room, cut on the 42" TV and rested my feet on the comfortable bed. The room was a little interesting with hardwood floors, but welcoming. The shower was unique as well, but very nice. The room was very inviting. After a couple of hours, I went down to the bar and grabbed a FREE ice cold draft beer and some popcorn. There was a nice crowd that appreciated the free beer from 4-6pm. The best thing about the stay may have been the pleasant surprise for breakfast. Free breakfast in the morning. I am not talking about plastic eggs old milk, but real breakfast with fat bacon, potatoes and fresh coffee served in a real coffee cup. With the amenities, free internet and location with plenty of restaurants, this might be the best hotel, much less Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in. Great job Holiday Inn, Thank you for surpassing my expectations.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Although most of the Holiday Inn's I travel to are nice, nothing compares with the cleanliness and service I receive at the Holiday Inn in North Macon. The staff is willing to do whatever it takes to help me. In fact, one evening I needed to print some things for work. There was another person using the printer in the business center, so the manager on duty offered for me to email what I needed printed to his email and printed it for me. Instead of having to wait, he took the time to make it right! Everyone there shares this attitude. It's a great place to stay. I always stay there, unless they are full, which does happen. But all in all, it's a great hotel!

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the train tracks if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Just traveling thru and stopped here.a modern HI Pleasant hotel with very courteous staff. Yes a RR track nearby but not asbad as being near an airport hotel. Lots of stores and eateries nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012