“Elegant”

Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Espoo, Finland
“Elegant”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed here 1 night prior flying back to Europe from Atlanta. The hotel has a very elegant touch, both the lobby and the rooms. I found the hotel to be quite upscale decorated, especially compared to other hotels in the US. The rooms are very well appointed. Free breakfast is included. Enough parking space. The hotel seems to be very new (or very recently renovated in a major way).
Some comments:
Cleanliness: Whilst everything is very new, we noticed that the cleanliness of the rooms could be better. Hairs in the shower, dust on items in the room, dust on the floor.
Noise: We use earplugs and our room was at the front side, so at night we didn't hear any trains passing by. But in the morning during breakfast we heard a train passing by and I can very well imagine for some people this might be disturbing. In addition we could here people in adjacent rooms clearly walking around in their rooms.
Breakfast: The breakfast selection was OK, but we found it not hygienic. Plates were dirty, milk and orange juice were in a type of bottle, everyone just had to touch the opening with their hands.
All in all the room was nice, so was the hotel. We would go here again, but we would skip breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helsinki1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2011

This is the NICEST HOTEL I believe I have ever stayed in!!! The entire hotel was wonderfully decorated and very modern. The staff was excellent. Although this was just an overnight stay I wish I could fine more hotels exactly like this one. Easy to find with wonderful resturants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Good Hope, Georgia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Let me start off by saying that I have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns over the years through buisness travel and this one is probably the best one that I have ever stayed in.

Pros:
- New, I'm not sure how long this hotel has been open but it looks brand new. Everything was immaculate.
- Rooms- Our room was perfect. I can only compare it to what you would normally get at Vegas, so that is a huge compliment. ( the styling is very modern which is not for me but thats a personal preference)
- Food - We ate appetizers at the bar/restraunt. The wings were very good but the salad and sides were so-so. The lady working the bar more than made up for any shortcomings of the food. She was very friendly, fast, and helpful. I wish I could rember her name beacuse she deserves a ata-boy.
- Amenities - We didn't use the pool or fitness area but it looked like it was up to the same high standard as the rest of the hotel.
Service - Everyone we saw was helpful, welcomed us and wished us a good day. That means a lot to me now days in the time of customer no service.

Cons: I'll have to really nit pick to find something I didnt like, but here it is. The back deck sitting area, which is very nice, overlooked a car lot and railroad tracks. Maybe if a view of the adjacent river or some TV's could be added would improve it IMHO.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ajpeppers
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I had a horrible experience with the manager at this hotel. I had left some articles of clothing behind - which I realize is typically the guest's responsibility. I called to see if they were still there, the front desk employee said it was noted on my account that my articles had been left behind, they had them and they would send them to me.

I never received the clothing - so 4 weeks later I called back. Another employee confirmed that it was noted on my account that my belongings were there, but they did not want to pay for shipping. I gladly gave them permission to use my credit card for shipping or to send COD.

4 weeks later, nothing was sent. A new manager was in place at the hotel. It took him at least 1 week to call me back between each of our conversations. He told me that they never had the clothing - the notes on my account about the missing articles of belongins were for another room/customer - rather than admitting the truth - he came up with a lie. HA! I could not believe it. It was bad enough to feel robbed, but to also be lied to?

When I reported the lies to Holiday Inn Corporate - they stood behind his lies and told me there was nothing they could do.

Avoid this hotel at all costs. In fact. consider another chain since Holiday Inn Corporate seems to stand behind theives & liars.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank jerrico01
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed December 24, 2010

This hotel has been open for 6 months and is very very nice. Except for the railroad track that runs behind the hotel. The trains were never ending from 8PM. The staff was very courteous with free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
detroit
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I stayed here recently and all I can say is that this hotel will go head over heals for your buisness. The Man at the from desk was a warm welcome and also for Bridgete (the bartender) who helped me forget that I was sleeping on the railrod side of the building, was great to me and all her guests at the bar. If anyone does read this, try the wings at the restaurant, they are awsome! Great deals for Happy Hour also.As for the room, they were clean. nice hardwood floors. The beds were very very comfortable but the train sorta ruined it and will drive you nuts when it passes. It sounds like a 747 is comming into your room. After my nights stay a member of the restaurant at breakfast suggested that if I was to stay here again to try the front side of the building. I wish I was told that when I checked in---. Over all the stay was pleasent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Mr. Kaushik:

On behalf of the Georgia Immunization Program, I would like to take a
moment to commend your staff/team; Devonne, Ahmed, Charles, Robert and
Angel.

They were very accommodating, polite and professional while looking
after our needs during our District Immunization Coordinator’s meeting
on 12/8/10,

Job well done, and an absolute pleasure!

Thank you...