“Surf and Turf Grits.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rookery

The Rookery
Ranked #1 of 347 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lousiana
“Surf and Turf Grits.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stopped here on our way through Macon. Looking for something local and different, we decided on The Rookery. It was great. The brunch special was steak medallions and fried crawfish on a bed of cheese grits with a sweet potato hash and a small bit of red eye gravy. The portion was large. In addition to the brunch special there was a varied selection of craft beers, mimosas and bloody marys. The Bloody Mary was a meal in it's self. It had celery and carrot stick, with pickled okra, green beans, olive and a slice of bacon. Atmosphere was classic speakeasy with wooden walls and some great local art.

• Visited April 2014

Macon, Georgia
“Rookery Rookery Dock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Good food and service nice place to unwind. I did a late afternoon meal. Purr-fect. purrfect Perfect

• Visited February 2014
Macon, Georgia, United States
“The Dovetail on the 2nd floor of the Rookery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This new venue is probably the most expensive restaurant in Macon. In that my visit was easily 4 months ago, things could have changed. Our table of four were the only customers and our service was friendly, prompt and attentive (5/5). The menu was attempting to be gourmet but I recall little except that the portions were on the average to small size, beautifully arranged, and very good (4/5). The décor was bright with white being the overall color and the table settings were very nice; and I like being able to see my food (5/5). Value: it is probably the most expensive restaurant in the city $$$-$$$$ (3/5). Will I return? Yes, but, obviously I have not rushed back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Macon, Georgia
“BEST BURGER EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I LOVE the Rookery! We go there regularly for dinner with friends. My husband enjoys the draft beer selection which is a great variety. The menu has some great options but I always opt for a burger. There burgers are DELICIOUS! The atmosphere is great and we've never had a problem with the service. We love to go during the weekend on a pretty day and sit outside. All around great place to eat in Macon

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Some of the BEST burgers anywhere!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Rookery has been around for years and has gone through some changes but right now, they have the best burgers that I have tasted. Highly recommend!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Rookery? Share your experiences!