“Nom nom nom”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Nom nom nom”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Great Burgers. Our buddy holly looking waiter was superb. Food came out quickly considering how busy they were. We got the chili cheese fries, they were good but not a huge fan of the chili. The burgers though, so good. Likely the best burgers in macon.
The seating girl is a little disorganized.

Goochland, Virginia, United States
“I think I found Burger heaven”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Located in a bit of a run down area of town but when you go in and see the tavern atmosphere with a wooden bar, you know it has possibilities. Bartender recommended a burger topped with cheese, bacon and a fried egg. Even though my diet doesn't call for that kind of eating, I figure once in a while I have to splurge. It was great. Messy, juicy, full of flavor and I loved it!!! I will return when i am back in town again. Very good value for the money...
Now i have to eat healthy for the next few days to make up for this.

Byron, Georgia
“Simply "Excellent"”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Mothers day was our first visit to this establishment and we were not disappointed! We have five kids so wherever we go we are prepared to wait because we need big table. After a short wait we were seated outside on a beautiful sunny day all the while band was playing and we enjoyed the gentle breeze. We loved our food, we loved our shakes. Even our 15 year old said they have better tasting coke than any other restaurant. :) We have already planned our next trip there because when ALL five kids say "thank you for taking us there" you know you found your new favorite.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Called in for their to-go menu that they advertise online. I called on a Friday at around 12:30 pm and the girl said "no to go orders we are really busy." I called again a week later and was told to call back at 1:00pm. I called back at 1 waiting for 8 minutes on hold, then finally placed my order and they told me 30-40 minutes! I don't get to leave work for lunch, so I always have to place to-go orders so I said fine. Got their classic cheeseburger MR, waited the 30 minutes, went over there waited another 10-15 minutes to get my food. When I got back to the office, the burger was cooked RARE and there was nothing but meat and cheese on it. No lettuce, onion, etc. 12 bucks for a burger? Then they charge you a to-go charge... really not worth it for their to-go menu. The burger itself was tasty, but the staff is not very friendly. I have tried to eat there a few times with the same attitude on the to-go orders, guess they just don't want the business.

Tampa, Florida
“If closer, I would be a regular!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate there as a family. We all enjoyed our meals. The staff was very friendly and good at their jobs!

We loved the appetizer Fried Green Tomatoes. Yum! I had the Patty Melt. Little undercooked but good. We also had the Fried Pickle Spears. I thought they were WAY too salty, and would never order again.

Overall a great neighborhood restaurant and if it was closer, I would become a regular!

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Rookery? Share your experiences!