“Out of many things, very slow service.”

Marco Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 389 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tucker Road
Transit: There is a bus stop directly accross the street From Marco.
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Have been before with good results several times. This time was a disaster though. They were out of the bottled water we wanted, as well as several core menu items we wanted. Excuse was truck driver from Atlanta with deliveries was a no show. Also were told there was no bread, but after double checking they did in fact have bread. Service time was exceptionally slow for easy dishes. Not sure why they appeared to be fully staffed. Not sure if this is the new normal or a one time fluke, but either way you slice it, not even close to being good enough at this price point.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

We read that this restaurant had 3 diamonds with AAA so we gave it a try. The bar is very close to the dining room and was extremely noisy. They tried to seat us near it but we asked to sit further back in the dining room. It is quite old and tired looking and could use an update, stained chairs that were rocky and had to be switched. The minestrone soup was quite good but a very small portion for $8.50. Lasagna was also very small, really just a small square for $22.00. It was quite dry and we asked for more sauce. Cheesecake was good, but nothing special either. Our dinner was almost $100.00 with one drink each. We had wished we had gone to Carrabba's instead.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

recently returned b/c a friend had said that she loved the food, service and atmost\phere.i had not been in over 5 yrs b/c of poor quality and high prices.
nothing has changed. very few tables yet service was extremely slow, i understand that you should enjoy the dining experience but waiting 20 mins for water and bread....
There are NO choices of wines by the glass(variety of red and white)but only one brand by the glass - house brand - should you want another you have to purchase a bottle. this tells me that they are not busy enough to open several different bottles of chardonnay(example)
the waiter did not know the menu, wasnt sure of specials and the food was not good. i expect much from a Special Italian Restaurant with prices that are high, i had the penne pasta with mushroom pesto sauce-i asked the waiter what was in the a sauce - he said a white sauce with mushrooms - so i was surprised that there were also potatoes in dish, which was dry and tasteless. i asked for a to go box thinking i could take it home and make it better-the waiter never brought me the to go box. i will not go back, ever. This was the worst meal i have had at any restaurant in 2017, this includes fast food restaurants. Don't Go . I had the salad special Grilled romaine which was pretty much wilted lettce(very tiny portion) a glass of house red and the pesto(no protein) it cost me 50 bucks to get out of there.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Let me start by saying that this was my 4th visit to the restaurant and every other time has been an awesome experience but I was disappointed with the Lobster Feast 5 course prefixed menu. Service was good but the waiter wasn't really knowledgeable about the bar and selection of cocktails and wasn't really able to recommend anything. There were 8 of us and we were celebrating my parents anniversary and we are a Lobster/Seafood family but this dinner missed the mark in a few ways. First the food wasn't served at the right temperature. This has never happen before. I'm not sure if it was because it was a prefixed menu and they tried to do it ahead of time or what but all of the courses, except the sorbet, was cool, not ice cold but definitely not warm or near the correct temperature. The portions were on the small side but I personally thought they were the right size for the price, so I was good with the sizes. The steak was not seasoned appropriately. It was in serious need to salt and pepper. It was cooked to the proper temp and was tender, just bland. The course,lobster sorbet was not edible. I have a pretty open palate. As you can tell by my other reviews I have eaten at different places and all sorts of food but...This sorbet was overly salty and overly assertive. The nice thing was that the owner did come around to get feedback and even offered a complimentary dessert prepared table-side during our next visit. I would definitely go back, based on previous experiences not this one, but I would seriously hesitate to have another prefixed menu at this restaurant,primarily due to the temps at which the food was served.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

What a delightful find via trip advisory!!!
We had a very special evening filled with great wine, delicious appetizers, lasagna and eggplant Parmesan topped off with gelato and coffee!!! From the moment we were warmly greeted by the hostess, professionally served by Jade, (truly a jewel) and serenaded by a spectacular pianist named Tom who has a wonderful touch for dining music, our evening was perfect!! The atmosphere is excellent!!!
The decor authentic!!! Loved every moment of our visit!!! We will be back!!!
This is a truly authentic Italian restaurant!!!
Prices are reasonable given quality of preparation, atmosphere, etc!!!

Been to Marco Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!