“not enjoyable”

Marco Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 389 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tucker Road
Transit: There is a bus stop directly accross the street From Marco.
Reviewed December 28, 2017

recently returned b/c a friend had said that she loved the food, service and atmost\phere.i had not been in over 5 yrs b/c of poor quality and high prices.
nothing has changed. very few tables yet service was extremely slow, i understand that you should enjoy the dining experience but waiting 20 mins for water and bread....
There are NO choices of wines by the glass(variety of red and white)but only one brand by the glass - house brand - should you want another you have to purchase a bottle. this tells me that they are not busy enough to open several different bottles of chardonnay(example)
the waiter did not know the menu, wasnt sure of specials and the food was not good. i expect much from a Special Italian Restaurant with prices that are high, i had the penne pasta with mushroom pesto sauce-i asked the waiter what was in the a sauce - he said a white sauce with mushrooms - so i was surprised that there were also potatoes in dish, which was dry and tasteless. i asked for a to go box thinking i could take it home and make it better-the waiter never brought me the to go box. i will not go back, ever. This was the worst meal i have had at any restaurant in 2017, this includes fast food restaurants. Don't Go . I had the salad special Grilled romaine which was pretty much wilted lettce(very tiny portion) a glass of house red and the pesto(no protein) it cost me 50 bucks to get out of there.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Let me start by saying that this was my 4th visit to the restaurant and every other time has been an awesome experience but I was disappointed with the Lobster Feast 5 course prefixed menu. Service was good but the waiter wasn't really knowledgeable about the bar and selection of cocktails and wasn't really able to recommend anything. There were 8 of us and we were celebrating my parents anniversary and we are a Lobster/Seafood family but this dinner missed the mark in a few ways. First the food wasn't served at the right temperature. This has never happen before. I'm not sure if it was because it was a prefixed menu and they tried to do it ahead of time or what but all of the courses, except the sorbet, was cool, not ice cold but definitely not warm or near the correct temperature. The portions were on the small side but I personally thought they were the right size for the price, so I was good with the sizes. The steak was not seasoned appropriately. It was in serious need to salt and pepper. It was cooked to the proper temp and was tender, just bland. The course,lobster sorbet was not edible. I have a pretty open palate. As you can tell by my other reviews I have eaten at different places and all sorts of food but...This sorbet was overly salty and overly assertive. The nice thing was that the owner did come around to get feedback and even offered a complimentary dessert prepared table-side during our next visit. I would definitely go back, based on previous experiences not this one, but I would seriously hesitate to have another prefixed menu at this restaurant,primarily due to the temps at which the food was served.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

What a delightful find via trip advisory!!!
We had a very special evening filled with great wine, delicious appetizers, lasagna and eggplant Parmesan topped off with gelato and coffee!!! From the moment we were warmly greeted by the hostess, professionally served by Jade, (truly a jewel) and serenaded by a spectacular pianist named Tom who has a wonderful touch for dining music, our evening was perfect!! The atmosphere is excellent!!!
The decor authentic!!! Loved every moment of our visit!!! We will be back!!!
This is a truly authentic Italian restaurant!!!
Prices are reasonable given quality of preparation, atmosphere, etc!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2017

The first time I visited Marcos I really enjoyed myself. Its the total package when it comes to a fine dining experience. Service, Ambiance, and Great Food. Sometimes you go to a place and then go back and its just no quite the same, this was not the case with Marcos. Once again it was amazing. Different server but same great service. I love the Caesar, it has anchovies. This time I got the scallops, there were Amazing it came with roasted potatoes, risotto, and ratatouille. What I love is that you can tell that a professional chef cooked the food. The flavors are nuanced just right. I didn't have a cocktail but my friend did and she said it was really good. I like the the waitress was very accommodating, especially with getting my friend the type of cocktail that she wanted.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

This northern Italian restaurant about four miles out of Macon GA is in a nice building with a friendly, attentive staff. They have some very nice and reasonably priced wines on their wine list. We were somewhat disappointed with the food. It was better than we expected to find in central Georgia, but below par for the Italian restaurants we normally frequent. It is a nice place for a sit down relaxing lunch.

Been to Marco Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!