“Nice Place for a Liesurely Lunch”

Marco Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 389 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tucker Road
Transit: There is a bus stop directly accross the street From Marco.
Reviewed September 9, 2017

This northern Italian restaurant about four miles out of Macon GA is in a nice building with a friendly, attentive staff. They have some very nice and reasonably priced wines on their wine list. We were somewhat disappointed with the food. It was better than we expected to find in central Georgia, but below par for the Italian restaurants we normally frequent. It is a nice place for a sit down relaxing lunch.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Very formal and expensive restaurant. Owner is kind of a horn dog, always hitting on the girls, which is creepy because he is old and gross. But the food is good classic Italian.

1  Thank MattMacon
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Very nice looking restaurant. We had a small group of business folks and a good table. Ordered the Caesar salad without anchovies (yuck) but the dressing was obviously made with LOTS of anchovies, so after two bites, I pushed it aside. The server did not notice or care that it went uneaten. The veal scalopine I ordered was just as disappointing. A few olives and artichoke pieces dropped on a small portion of veal that could have been boiled. Plain and tasteless. It was a special effort to get pasta as a side, and they gave me a very small portion with very little sauce. The tiny serving of broccoli was excellent, but more appropriate for a French restaurant. I was a guest at this event, so I did not speak up, but I will not return.

2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Went there at 8 on a Friday night, It was not crowded. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Price was high but the food was worth it. I had the Seafood Lasagna and it was amazing. Highly recommend this place, good for a nice romantic dinner.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

The ambiance for the evening is set as soon as you walk in the door, with the dim lighting and the piano playing. It all makes for a very romantic evening. We started the evening with the Caprese appetizer. It was so fresh and delicious, you can tell the chef only picks the best and freshest of ingredients, so that way they can speak for themselves. For our main course my husband ordered the Filet Diane, it was so beautifully presented at table side. They bring the steak out and sear it at the table and make with it the fresh herb butter that they make just for that dish. For my main dish I ordered the Risotto. It was the creamiest and most flavorful risotto that I have ever had, the mascarpone that the chef makes it with really just takes it up a notch and makes it even better. Then for our final course we had the tiramisu, it was so full of flavor but not overpowering coffee flavor. It was so smooth and delicious, and not to mention the presentation of the tiramisu is impeccable. My husband and I will with out a doubt be back again.

Been to Marco Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!