“Right on the spot on the best beach in saipan.”

Aquarius Beach Tower
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chalan Kanoa
“Right on the spot on the best beach in saipan.”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nice hotel with a kitchen, washing facility in the room. Helpful staff. We like it alot.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Humlan_420

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kodiak Island, Alaska
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I stayed at the Aquarius Beach Tower hotel for just over a week on my visit to Saipan. I chose the hotel because it offered a kitchen in the room so I could actually cook my own breakfast and store a few groceries during my stay (saved money on going out for every meal). It was really like a home away from home for me.

I have to say that the staff was absolutely wonderful. The manager was really friendly and always offering advice on places to check out. I cannot thank him enough.

The room was very clean and it had two full size rooms and two full baths - perfect when you are traveling with friends. The free wi-fi also was a big plus.

The location is perfect too. You are away from the tourist noise from the big resorts and shopping district. It is only a short drive from the hotel to any of the area restaurants and walking distance to a grocery store and shopping center.

I will definitely stay there again and will highly recommend it to anyone visiting Saipan.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank kodiaktraveler
California
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This is my 2nd time to stay at the Aquarius in 6 months and I enjoyed it equally as much. Please be aware however that it is quite a ways to the downtown area and you would need a car or take a cab. Although I had a mountain view this time...ocean view the first time...found both interesting.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Catter57
Malibu
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I am sorry to have to post this scathing review of Aquarius Beach Tower, but it clearly has deteriorated in quality of care since my previous stay only a few months before. On this occasion, the bathroom was superficially clean with numerous hairs all over the sink, floor, and tub. Worse still, when I pulled back the sheets, they revealed what looked like blood stains. As is typical in Saipan, you may arrive in the middle of the night, so I simply slept on the bathroom towels that I had placed on top of the filthy sheets. Although it seemed that some of the old carpet had been replaced since last time, the icy, cold tile floors were not a particular improvement. The furniture is still the same upholstered foam on a hard wood frames that absolutely breaks your tailbone. I checked out before noon the next day, having spent less than seven hours in the place and should not have been charged full rate for the night's stay. I did complain about the room's condition and received an excuse that was hardly acceptable. I regret to say that I shall never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank LAPlatinum
ABTSaipan, Manager at Aquarius Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Hafa Adai and Tirow,
I would like to extend my humble apologies for the negative experience and inconvenience during your stay at Aquarius Beach Tower. We have had a very good track record with past guest experiences and we make every attempt to insure that a negative guest experience is not repeated. I sent a message to your trip advisor member mailbox with a request for additional information, however, I have not received any reply at this time. If you have difficulty accessing your tripadvisor member mail, you can reach me by email at abt-gm@castleresorts.com
Si Yu'us Ma'ase and Olomwaay,
william
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Full kitchen in this large condo style room. Great view from our 8th floor room overlooking the ocean. Lots of remodeling going on. Our room had granite counters, new doors, etc. Staff was very helpful with anything needed. Would definitely stay there again. We did have a rental car...walking to 'town' would have been too far. We did have a 'noisy AC unit' outside so I wore earplugs at nite..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RedWar
California
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Newly remodeled large studio. Staff exceptional..we arrived in the middle of the nite and our reserved room had someone else in it since we were 8 hours earlier than regular checkin. Since we'd traveled 28 hours to get here and were exhausted, they put us in a different room to shower/sleep until our room was ready...very gracious of them. Spending 6 nites here and highly recommend it. We can see other rooms being remodeled around us. We're 8th floor oceanside. The AC units are right outside the bedroom and since it's hot now, this creates some unwanted noise but guessing during high season this wouldn't be an issue and earplugs are an easy fix at nite..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Catter57
Apex, NC
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Found this hotel on tripadvisor. My brother and I (70's) and my two sons (40's) started a tour of WWII sites in Guam. When we flew to Saipan, we were met by the courtesy bus...which had waited an hour for our plane which was late.

Good location (on the beach) and away from the swarms of "high roller" tourists from the far east who crowded the more "downtown" areas.

We had a three bedroom suite with all the accommodations your could want. Facilities are well maintained and $137 a night for a suite was a pleasant surprise. good washer and dryer in the suite, coffee maker, fridge, stove, etc.

Staff just a joy. We had heard what a pleasant people the "Guamians/Chamorros" were but they were more than we expected. Smiling, accommodating, pleasant and full of good humor. They pointed us to restaurants, good rental car deals and anything we asked.

When we finished our touring and left, the courtesy van driver discerned that we were touring the WWII sites. He then took us to 3 very historically interesting sites that were on no map (that we had) and appeared that few "tourists" ever got to see. What a pleasure. More than that, he was pleasantly chatty about the island, its people, its economy and more.

By the way, we stayed in Hilton's the other parts of the trip - this was better. If we ever return to Saipan, the Aquarius is where we'll stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
#27 of 36 in Saipan
Century Hotel
Century Hotel
#7 of 36 in Saipan

Been to Aquarius Beach Tower? Share your experiences!